Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

10 Things That I'm Dislike About The U.S.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Christopher47, Sep 21, 2014.

1. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

So who was the posting miscreant anyway?

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Sounds like someone who hasn't been to Kentucky recently doesn't it?

3. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Awe, you know I can't talk in depth about that.

You can't throw a dead cat around here without hitting a KFC. Of course, I don't eat that crap because of the "11 secret herbs and spices" is monosodium glutamate, which tears me a new one when I consume it.

4. lwd

lwd Ace

But that leaves the question open of whether or not KFC is "real Kentucky Fried Chicken". Since most of it isn't fried in Kentucky at least on one level it's not. On the other hand they've trade marked it I believe so by that definition it is. I've had some in recent years that I thought was quite good and some that was so so. Fortunately I don't react to MSG but might wife does although I'm not sure there is enough in KFC to cause her to react, at least so far.

Oh on another note the Axis history forum on their "banned memembers thread" makes not of why members were banned and being a "sock puppet" of a formerly banned member is a common reason. Indeed there are a few that have really impressive lists of banned membership names.

5. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Otto prefers that we not discuss forum discipline with the active membership, which I follow...for the most part.

He banned one a few years ago and the reason given was "Too candy-assed for the forum." I loved it and thought it was one the best reason for a ban I had seen.

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

What's candy assed? Seems to be one that didn't reach Australia...

7. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

wuss, wimp, someone who is easily scared or avoids dangerous situations, unassertive, timid, weak, weak-willed, lacks confidence, irresolute, wishy-washy, behaves submissively. That covers the major traits.

CAC and Slipdigit like this.
  8. lwd

lwd Ace

It's not an unreasonable position and given that it's his forum even if it was that's good enough. I was just pointing out that its not required from what I can see (although given some laws in some parts of the world it may make a lot of sense).
    :)

9. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Most dislikes already mentioned but also put forward:

Agricultural subsidies - They came in for a different time for reasons that hardly apply these days considering the vast majority goes to big business that doesn't need them. It's not as if they are there so the US can be self sufficient considering they over produce and dump the rest onto the world market hurting other global farmers.

As to the talk about the Drug war - Decriminalize them as Portugal did, Has dropped the actual use of drugs better then any war on drugs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal. Stop looking at the users as criminals but rather people that are sick. People are teenagers all their life, Tell them they cant have something and they go for it, Say they can have it and they are a hell of a lot less interested in it. (Note: They are still illegal but punishment is much lower, Wouldn't take much more to regulate who sells it so that the Criminal gangs cant completely control the industry)

10. Dave55

Dave55 Member

Making meth, PCP, LSD and heroin legal doesn't sound like such a good idea to me.

11. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

So, like a married man?

12. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

No it doesn't but as Portugal found out trying to fight the drugs head on wasn't working, So if they couldn't beat them join them so to speak, They aren't legal per say but rather seriously lowered the offenses, Still illegal to sell it there but for users the maximum fine is 150 euros with a few other punishments depending on your profession.

While it doesn't sound logical and Ill admit my self when first heard about it thought it was the most stupid approach, Simple matter of fact is they have lowered the drug use and by effect the numbers inside prison and has had benefit of lowering the HIV/AID's numbers.

13. lwd

lwd Ace

One thing that might work is make their use a misdomener. However it would be a felony not to cooperate with law enforcement investigations into trafficing and of course trafficing would remain a felony.

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

"Agricultural subsidies" and tariffs. The US can be heavy handed and perhaps unfair. An example could be the softwood lumber tariff imposed on Canada.

15. belasar

belasar Court Jester

We were afraid they would harvest your head poppy :)

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Oh snap...Got wood...I've 2 lady harvestors, thank you very much.

17. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Good one CAC.

18. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

No offense here but thanks for watching out, Skipper. And, KB, yes poor land locked Paraguay land of the rejects from "The Boys from Brazil". Surly, indeed.