Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

12 o'clock high discussion board........

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Erich, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Guys :

I cannot believe that I have not posted this all very important Luftwaffe link. come see where I hang out besides here when I am not working or cycling......

12 o'clock high discussion board
    http://disc.server.com/Indices/3051.html

If you have a Luftwaffe question, this has been the best site for information yet found. Some real experts here and for you Carl. A question about the 5th FJD during the battle of the Bulge. the chap is named Don Fox, and I think your book on the German contingent is just what he needs. Please e-mail him and fill him in.
    Enjoy this link and bookmark it gentlemen !

:D :D :D

E.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks for the link Erich, I had known about them and was one of the first forums I came across but, I havent visited it in about a year.

I'll see if I can find that guy your talking about and will let him know about the book.

I wonder if there is still a link on that site that has all the German aircraft marking and unit markings??

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Thanks for posting to Don about the 5 FJD. I am hopeful you will get a reply soon. I couldn't remember if Otto had posted the 12 o'clock link, so I thought I would go ahead with it.
    As for subsquent links, I am assuming Ruy still has the Allied and Luftwaffe basic markings and the late war fuselage bands that identify almsot all the known JG's during their defence of the Reich.

Danke

E.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I sent Don the info, he was aware of the book but had not obtained a copy.

If you havent seen you email yet, I have a surprise for you.

Library is closing so I better scat-see you tomorrow--Carl.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Just got in from a long meeting and I checked the private mail.......Oooooohhhhh, neato. I'll have a look.

Thank you sir !

:D

E.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Welkommen mein freund...

7. Erich Hartmann

Erich Hartmann Member

Erich, thanks for the tip-off to that excellent site. I've been snooping around there ever since.....

Speaking of aircraft markings during the defense of the Reich (i.e. late 1944 thru May 1945), I'm looking to do a kit of the rare ME-109K model. As we know, this was the factory's final effort (that actually went into production) before the surrender, and had virtually all of the neat little gizmos and performance mods.
    But oddly enough, I'm having a hard time finding a kit - preferably in 1/48 or 1/32 scale - that is crafted up to par. Money is no object. Any suggestions would be quite appreciated.

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

E.H. :

Since I am not a modeller, I would suggest posting particular questions to www.hyperscale.com these gents will help you out in a flash !
    by the way, if you do not have these on the Bf 109K, you must !
    Messerschmitt Bf 109K by Ja Po publications. This is a Czech/English book and it is quite good. 2 volumes out, I have the first only but due to get the second this summer for my research.....

E :cool: