Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

1945: Schrägwaffen effectiveness

Discussion in 'Air War in Western Europe 1939 - 1945' started by Erich, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I've got a NJG 3 bird in the winter of 44~45 with the inline 2cm weapons I am trying to get into file for viewing ...... it is a bit dark but workable

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

the last one is from M. Griehls work I believe as the image page was sent to me several months ago. it may be hard to view ........ apoligies and I must add the caption of the FuG 218N is quite incorrect as the rearward facing radar is the standard fitting for the Rückwart for the FuG 220d not FuG 218 which was a system connector/aerial on top of the tail

Attached Files:

3. TA152

TA152 Ace

Great pictures Erich ! The last one of the Ju-88 in the snow and ice really makes me think of how hard being a pilot then would be. Not only do you have to operate and navigate at night with people trying to kill you, you also have to land and take off on ice and snow at night with wing iceing and carberater iceing and ice on the windsheild, plus try and get some sleep during the day.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

exactly and to top it off think about the Mossie Intruder crews having to come over from England on their nightly sorties in the white out conditions, funny I mention this as our mtn. passes are doing that right now and the ceiling here is incredibly low due to the snow showers we are receiving all day, 35F

5. Sturmkreuz

Sturmkreuz Member

Erich, thanks for the great contribution, thank your friend.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

sure thing I am still trying to transpose some of the SM gun fittings here on the site but having trouble download my files into an extra database, I need to resize and maybe just re-do the drawings I have which are quite old .......