Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

2 Pz Div Panzer IV Production Run

Discussion in 'Living History' started by Andreas Seidel, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

I used to be in contact with a guy from the 2nd Panzer Div, and he talked about starting a small production run of Panzer IVs. Does anybody know what's come out of that? It's been a year now, anyway..

2. talleyrand

talleyrand Member

Actual, full size vehicles, or models?

3. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

Full size, working, with gas-operated gun. Same type of gun they use on their Hetzer and StuG.

4. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

Do you mean the reenacting unit of the 2nd panzer divison or the actual unit?

5. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

I mean the re-enacting unit of course. I think the actual unit never had its own factory and wouldn't have wanted to put dud cannons in its tanks.

6. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

Sorry. I'm a member of the 2pz. reenacting unit in the midwest and I had never heard of that before. What was the name of the person you talked to about it.

7. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

...wish I could remember... hold on... I think it was Chris Chase or something. Definitely Chris anyway.

But you do still have the StuG and the Hetzer and the Sdkfzs and so on, right?

8. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

We still have the hetzer, but sadly the stug is no longer with us. It is now with german reenacting unit in Calfirona. The man who legally owned had to sell it in a divorce with his wife.

9. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

You lucky so and so's, we would all happily give our right arms (though what anyone could possibly do with 200 right arms is beyond me) to have a Hetzer and a Stug. We occaisionaly see a Pz III rumbling around at public shows but in battles the only armoured support we can expect is a Half Track. The allies often have an armoured car or even a Sherman so as you can imagine we are at a great disadvantage. Still don't stop us winning though :D ;) :D

10. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

German reenactors don't need tanks (even thou its awesome to have them).Just give us a panzerschek or panzerfaust. LoL.

11. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Re-enacting isn't as ig a thing in the UK as it is in the USA. There arent many Panzer Fausts or Schreks about and even when we do have them the AFV crews conveniently dont see them half the time. When it comes down to it though, the drivers of these vehicles dont like taking them off road anyway so all we have to do is head into the woods and bypass them. Nice n'simple.

12. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

Speaking of vehicles. A reenacting event I'm going to this month is now a national battle, so I'm gonna be seeing alot of vehicles and alot of heavy weapons. Plus I'm finally gonna see the hetzer in action for once.

13. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I hope you realise how lucky you are, I have only ever seen one working Hetzer and that had a couple of kids (of the owner) sliding down the front plate. I was thinking 'lucky buggers, why cant I play on it????' Oh well. Enjoy the event, I have a battle to attend in November so it should be pretty cool, if a little cold.

*drops to one knee and prays 'please dont rain, please dont rain, please dont rain....'