Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

204th AAA AW Bn, 71st AAA Gp, 52nd AAA Brigade, IX Air Defense Command, Ninth Air Force

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Roger Gaemperle, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Roger Gaemperle

Roger Gaemperle New Member

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I am a Swiss engineer who in 2011 wrote a book about captured Luftwaffe aircraft. It is basically a collection of unpublished photos of captured German aircraft taken by US or British soldiers. I researched the history of each aircraft and their crew as thorough as it was possible to me.

For my next book, I am researching the shooting down of a Junkers Ju 88 on 8 May 1945 by the 204th Antiaircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion (AAA AW Bn). Since 6 May 1945, it was attached to the 71st AAA Group (52nd AAA Brigade, IX Air Defense Command, Ninth Air Force) and was based at airfield R-11 (Eschwege) in Germany.

What I am trying to find out is:

• To which AAA Group was the 204th AAA AW Bn attached before 6 May and where was it stationed in 1945?
    • How long has it already been at airfield R-11? I think it arrived sometimes in the second half of April 1945, but I am not sure.
    Thanks,

Roger
    www.vintageeagle.com