Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

24th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron 1943 - 1945

Discussion in 'WW2|ORG - WWII Open Resource Group' started by Mike_Hind, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Mike_Hind

Mike_Hind New Member

Just to share that I'm researching this unit as extensively as possible, for a future website, detailing the squadron's daily actions and profiles of every man who served. This will culminate in a book.

Help is always appreciated and if anyone is interested in following the project, I've created a Facebook page on which I post regular updates.

Someone else posted that they were researching this unit but unfortunately I think they may no longer be active on the forum. I'll be popping up regularly to search for mentions of the 24th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Mechanized and probably ask damn fool questions.

Trying to rake together the cash to get copies of all the S-2 and S-3 reports, so if anyone happens to have any of those I'd be happy to pay a 'thank you' fee for them.

Anyone who is interested in the 4th Cavalry Group in general will also enjoy this blog I recently found, by a very friendly guy - Ma Kubelwagen Lili (in French).

RichTO90 likes this.
  2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome.

I am heavily involved in the 30th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop/30th ID. I wrote a biography of a member of the troop 12 years ago and self published it.

The timeline of the 30th Recon is here in the forum and some threads we posted of his memories before the book was written.

Otto, Mike_Hind and OpanaPointer like this.