Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

338th Transportation Corps Harbor Craft Company

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Mike Christie, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Mike Christie

Mike Christie New Member

Does anyone here have any information on this unit while it was at Normandy? My uncle serve in this unit but I can't find any information about the unit.
    Thanks
    Mike

2. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

It does not appear in the ETOUSA Station Lists through June 1944, so probably arrived after D-Day. They did what the title sounds like, manned small craft supporting harbor operations. See Small boats and harbor craft.

3. Mike Christie

Mike Christie New Member

Richard
    Thank you for the reply. My Uncle died on March 27th 1945 and is buried at Normandy. He was assign according to what little I got from the Army to 338th Transportation Corps Harbor Craft Company. Unfortunately my grandmother Elsie Overton and my Mom Barbara Overton have pass away so I can't get any more information. I was told he died at Omaha Beach but I don't know if that is correct. I visited Normandy years ago and verified that he is in fact buried there. Is there some place that I can go to verify that he was assign to this unit I'm just looking to see if there might be some folks here too that may have someone who had pictures or some information about him or the unit. His name is 1stLt Otis Overton.
    Thanks again
    Mike