Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

403 AAA Battalion

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by MWagner, Feb 2, 2019.

1. MWagner

MWagner New Member

Hello,

Trying to get started on some research on my Dad. He was a T5 with the 403rd AAA Battalion for I believe most of his time in the MTO. I have his discharge paper in good shape and see that his campaigns list the following:

Napls - Foggia, North Appennines, PO Valley , Rome-Arno.

His separation qualification record his army occupational assignment as a Power Plant Operator on 40MM and 90MM Anti-Aircraft guns.

He was wounded 2/1/45

Any help on getting started researching his battalion would be very much appreciated. He was in Gun Section 4?

Otto likes this.
  2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the site MWagner.

Lots of resources here, but this is an intro forum soit might have been overlooked. Try the Info Requests area, you will get better results.

3. lwd

lwd Ace

4. MWagner

MWagner New Member

Thanks, I'll look them up. I've been reading the Center for Military Histories (MTO) Salerno to Cassino and Cassino to the Alps.
    I've learned they were part of Task Force 45 until 7/31/44 then they were redeployed. I have a few pictures of his gun section taken in Corsica I believe, and him in Santa Maria and Florence (At least labeled that way in his scrapbook). If I can figure out how to upload pictures under the size limit I'll upload them to the other section Otto suggested. There is an easier read on Task Force 45 I found in the Coast Artillery Journal Nov/Dec 1947 titled "Activities of the 45th AAA Brigade by Colonel Gerald G. Gibbs