Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

66th Armored Regiment

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Dave Sullivan, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Dave Sullivan

Dave Sullivan New Member

Where in the National Archives can I find the Morning reports for the 66th Armored Regiment 1944-1945?

Thanks,

Dave Sullivan

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome to the Forums, Dave. The Morning Reports are located at the NARA in St. Louis, MO. Unlike many other records, one cannot submit a request for copies of Morning Reports. In order to obtain copies you can either go there in person or hire a researcher who will obtain them for you.

TIRDAD likes this.
  3. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Welcome Dave. For some reason, the morning reports for the 67th AR are online but don't think the 66th are. Did you have a relative in the 66th?

4. Powerhouse

Powerhouse Member

Hello Buten42,
    Please, can you tell me where the morning reports of the 67th AR are available online?
    However, AAR for the 66th are online, those are also a good source of informations.

5. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Hi Powerhouse, I think this is the one I was referring to,
    AAR 67th Armored Regiment, 2nd Armored Divison, 6 June 44 Thru May 45 | Battalion | Military

Looking at your post, I see you were interested in the morning reports, not the AAR- sorry to get your hopes up.

I believe morning reports were prepared at Company level and not Regiment. I certainly stand corrected, but it was a duty of the Company Commander to report the status regarding wounded, sick, promotions, etc of the men in his company and this was sent to Battalion.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  6. Powerhouse

Powerhouse Member

Hi Buten42,
    In fact I'm looking for all sort of documents containing list of soldiers (AAR, Morning reports, rosters, reports, medals awards,....) for all the units of the 2nd armored division for 1942-1945.
    You're right for morning reports.

Dave, can you give us more informations? If we can help you in your researchs....

7. Buten42

Buten42 Member

The 67th Armored Regiment history has a roster of officers and enlisted who were assigned to that Regiment. The 66th didn't write a history. Perhaps if We knew more precisely what you need we could be of more help. Not exactly sure of the numbers, but the 2nd Armored ran around 20,000 or more with it's attached units- that is quite a request.