Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

673rd AAA AW Battalion

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by nadzab43, Mar 8, 2011.

1. nadzab43

nadzab43 Member

Does anyone have any info on this outfit? My late father was attached to this while in the Pacific. He used to say Airborne Anti-aircraft but when I would ask him if he was in the Airborne, he'd get pretty angry, saying they were "bastard" outfits that didn't belong to anyone. I know that the 673rd was at Los Negros in the Philippines(Brewer Task Force)but after that, nothing. Thank you.

2. Squewman

Squewman New Member

My dad, who is still alive and well, served in ww2 in the 673rd AAA. He says it was a small unit, maybe 50 men. He actually has a ledger book where he recorded the name and home town of most of the irt her men. One thing that struck him was that were from most of the 48 states. I've seen that book. There were more girls names and numbers than army buddies as I recall. Dad and the 673rd were part of the ground forces at Leyte Gulf. I believe, listed on his discharge papers, were several campaigns. At war's end dad was sent from the Phillipines to Saporo, Japan to be a part of the occupation forces. By Jan of 1946 he was home. I told him I'd stumbled across your note. Clearly he'd like to know who your dad was, and where he was from. Dad is 92 now, still driving, and still lives independently. We're pretty lucky to still have him. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to ask him and pass the answers along to you.... Mark

lwd likes this.