Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

6th Airborne Division Book

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by roodymiller, Jun 7, 2013.

1. roodymiller

roodymiller recruit

Hello

I'm embarrassed to do this, but whatever...

My book is complete and available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/13-History-Lancashire-Parachute-Battalion/dp/1482029162/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370607964&sr=1-1&keywords=13+lucky+for+some

It's called "13 - Lucky For Some" and is about the 13th Parachute Battalion. Compiled with 100's of veteran accounts it covers their full history from formation, through D-Day, across France, in the Battle of the Bulge, jumping over the Rhine and to the Far East. It also covers the infamous "Mutiny".

With 622 pages consisting of 100's of photos, maps and diagrams.

Andrew

Kendusimmus, fruiniulk and pistol like this.
  2. pistol

pistol Member

Good work Andrew! I'm really looking forward to the chapter on the Ardennes ;-)

roodymiller likes this.
  3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

It looks like a very interesting book, Andrew. Thanks for letting us know about it, and there's no need to be embarrassed. I hope you will monitor this thread for feedback or questions about your book.

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Looks interesting, but both Amazon UK and Amazon US have it as out of print. Is there some other activity in the way?

Anyway, congratulations on writing a book. I hope it will soon be available.

5. roodymiller

roodymiller recruit

My apologies for the somewhat late reply. It has took me a while to get validated...

I will keep my eye on this site and will try to help anyone with 13 Para Bn mstters.

The book is now in stock and I hope you all enjoy it. It took 5 years to compile and a lot of headaches! The veteran's tell the story, not me, I'm no professional author, just someone with the battalion close to my heart and a keenness to tell the story. I considered it a huge jigsaw puzzle that I simply had to find the pieces and put together.

Regards

Andrew

pistol likes this.