Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

81st wildcats, 321st rct, 316th field artillery battalion

Discussion in 'Land Warfare in the Pacific' started by surfnhogan, Oct 25, 2013.

1. surfnhogan

surfnhogan New Member

howz it going everyone. i am new to the forum and hope some of the members can help me. i am looking for a list of the officers and enlisted men of the 316th field artillery battalion during ww2. i am trying to track down one of the enlisted men who served with them on angaur and peleliu. i have the unit history which i obtained from the united statesarmy heritage and education center but it is not a complete list. any help would be appreciated.

2. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

3. surfnhogan

surfnhogan New Member

thanks fred for the link to the 81st association web page. i actually already found that site earlier and will post a comment there soon. perhaps a vet will see it and respond. my father was a pilot in the pacific theater and brought back some great stories and 2 type 99 arisakas which is what got me into collecting japanese ww2 weapons. my specialty is documented bringback war trophies and i am currently reaserching a type 99 that was brought back by private erb georges. the bringback paperwork has his asn number and was signed by capt. harry rockberger or rothberger, can't tell, 316th f.a.bn. so i am looking for a list of the officers and enlisted that served with the 316th. they were attached to the 321st. of the 81st so i guess i can start to look for personnel records of the 321st or the 81st. i did find his basic enlistment info on ancestry.com. i know they shipped out of the palaus on the uss harry lee apa 10 for leyte after the peleliu operation ended so i'm going to check the ships muster rolls and see if he was on that ship. fun stuff. thanks