Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

89th Infantry Division- 314th Engineer Combat Battalion Roster Question

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Ryan McGrantham, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Ryan McGrantham

Ryan McGrantham New Member

I am wondering if anyone who has the 89th Infantry Division's WWII history book can tell me if they see a Matthew Cendoma listed on the roster for the 314th Combat Engineer Batallion?

I believe that this person served in this regiment but am not 100% sure. I have been told that he was a demolitions expert and was present at Ohrdruf. I also know that he first served overseas in or about January or February 1945. The exact date escapes me, but it is the date that the 89th Infantry Division arrived in France.

Thanks,

Ryan

2. Ryan McGrantham

Ryan McGrantham New Member

FYI to anyone else interested in this division that I have purchased the book. It does have this person under Company B.

If anyone else needs a roster check for any of the regiments in the 89th division, please let me know and I will be happy to confirm. This is one of the few infantry division history books I have seen that has a roster for the full division and not just a KIA/WIA or limited roster list.