Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

_____________ VS ____________

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Canadian_Super_Patriot, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Star Trek TNG & Voyager is much better than any of the Star Wars movies. There are definently some bad ST episodes, but the sheer quantity of episodes makes up for that.

Watching a Star Wars movie makes me wish I could get the last several hours of my life back, although for the most part, Episode II wasn't bad. The battle scene at the end was awesome. I was a little "under the influence" when I saw it so that could be why it was so good. :D

2. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Voyager wasn't that great , there cruisin around the other side of the galaxy and like 98% of the aliens look exactly like humans except there nose looks a tiny bit different, same with other startrek series's.

3. Oli

Oli New Member

via TanksinWW2
    For anyone wanting to get involved in Star Wars vs Star Trek debate (argument/ severe bust up) I recommend Stardestroyer.net.
    Pro Star Wars - it's basically a scientific look at what is presented on-screen as if was real (rigour applied equally to both), vs the adolescent Trekkies on spacebattles.com take that "it's the Fedration and Kirk/ Picard and that's enough to kick anybody's ass, we don't need facts", and some superb explanations of what science is and how it's done.
    And the guy isn't anti-Trek, he's listed one of the films in his all-time favourites list,
    He's screamingly funny in his replies (a skilled debater and definitely not afraid to call someone a blithering moron when they demonstrate themselves to be one.
    I love that sight, always learn something new and get a huge laugh while doing it - read his hate mail pages.
    For my part Star Wars is an out and out romp, with an SF background, Trek (after the original series) is smug, illiterate, self-important pseudo science that doubles as entertainment

4. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    At least Star Trek tried to bring out social issues through TV though , and that's good, especially in the 60's.

5. Oli

Oli New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hmmm. That was TOS, and I think they skirted/spotlighted some issues. If those issues had been really out of keeping with the current zeitgeist do you think they'd have been let through on major network?
    Like the first inter-racial kiss, Kirk and Uhura?? IIRC the actual kiss was cut by most channels but the story has grown, so that a lot of people "remember" seeing it.
    And anyway, what the hell is CO doing trying to kiss one of his officers?

6. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    They explain why in one of the episodes.

7. Danyel Phelps

Danyel Phelps Active Member

via TanksinWW2
    Mike Wong is indeed a great man.

8. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Me too. I have spent happy hours browsing there myself.

If I remember rightly, it happened while Kirk was under the control of an alien mind... ;)

9. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    Well stuff on TOS was a big deal in the 60's.