Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

A Few German Helmets.

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by KradSpam, Oct 13, 2012.

1. KradSpam

KradSpam Member

Hi guys, I've been a member for a while but have not been very active here. I thought I might add a few pics of my little Stahlhelm collection if anybody is interested :D

View attachment 17441

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. KradSpam

KradSpam Member

Apparently not? Very slow in this corner of the forum it seems.

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

We are interested, just remember that if you post early in morning our U.S. friends have just gone to bed, so there may be a 12 hour delay unless you bump into Europeans like myself (but I was at work ) .

This being said , you have nice helmets, I like you Weimar one a lot , it has the typical greyish color of the early years.

4. KradSpam

KradSpam Member

Thanks, I do like that one. It's actually very early Third Reich rather than Weimar period, something like 1935/36. There is an early Heer eagle decal on the opposite side, to match the early national shield. The paint may well be Weimar though I suppose, if it was in good enough condition at the time there would be no need to repaint when it came to the TR era reissue. It apparently sat most of the war out in storage, maybe the owner was injured early on in Poland or France, as there is a tiny bit of blood damage in the liner. That is my favourite lid.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Ok, Weimar helmets were indeed repainted in a green-grey colour with the double decal in 1935 and yours is obviously a third Reich one if fitted with the birdie.