Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

A model and Eastern express kits Eastern models

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Prospero Quevedo, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

I have a number of A models, I like the subjects C123, C8, Hu16, B57. The detailing looks good but these kits are definitely for advanced modeler's and not beginners. On a number of the kits when trying to mate the wing halves the mating surface on one side doesn't stay level making the two pieces uneven toward the tip from about 1/3 of the wing I got my small rotory tool seven bucks on sale harbor freight, ground the surface more even and used a sanding stick to grind off the opposite mating surface and got the wing to match up correctly. My ozmod B57 had a lot of fitting problems as well. Was a little pissed because I had read an article on it and the guy never once mentioned any fitting problems. I'm wondering if Eastern express kits are the same nice details but need word matching up. Aero kits from England most are crude and need a lot of work fitting together sold most of them when better kits came out like the Hu16, sold my Aero kit when I saw the A model kit nicer details but yes lots of fitting problems but I guess that is why its modeling. Got some other old Czech kits the plastic is really soft sands easily and some came with photo etch way before other companies started putting etch in their kits the photo etch is very simple no double etch work like panel lines rivets or hinges. I got some Be12s but forgot to put one aside for my collection and sold them all at the Keller model expo. Working on getting the A model kit. Wish I had kept more of my C5s squadron had a blow out sale on a bunch of testors bagged kits C5 was ten bucks I bought like four or five kept one sold the others years later for fifty, now I see them for a hundred. Kills models I use to get for five now like twenty. Ouch, wish I had saved more of my collection my ex made me sell off most of my collection but I did make seven gs into my PayPal. Got ripped off by some buyers in China. Although I have to say one of my best customers was in China. Wow shipped some big boxes with fifteen to twenty kits. Has anyone acquired the Eastern express R4D-8 super gooney how is it, I'm interested in the kit. Something about the super gooney has always interested me. I'm glad for the introduction of eastern model companies it has made more selections available. And sure they are crude compared to companies like revell Germany, dragon, hasagawa, fujimi, but the subjects are good and the kits Finnish up fine.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021