Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ACHTUNG ERICH!!!

Discussion in 'Weapons & Technology in WWII' started by C.Evans, Jan 6, 2003.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Please check my Greman translation posting in Free Fire Zone will ya? Im asking ya as I see your name here just as I was about to log off for the evening. Ill stay around for awhile just in case you do see it before I leave.

Many thanks in advance--Carl.

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Unless I have read this wrong which is possible as I am totally wiped out from work and still have the flu......crap !

someone is having problems keeping their site open though they are trying their hardest with the materials they have in their possession.......does this make sense......no ! I've got a stinking headache. Carl, who wrote this to you ? As it is written is appears to be a general broadcast to all members of ?

E

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you mein freund--and please get over your headache or ill send you a bottle of Ibuprophen.

Unfortunately--it is the RKT site that has this message--damn--there goes the neighborhood :( :( I wonder if its the German govt whos making it difficult for him to have this site or I wonder if it is money problems? :eek: :eek:

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I just found out from CDS--that the owner of the RKT site no longer wants to run the site. :( :( :(

I wonder if he can be contacted and see if he will sell the site--it MUST be kept on-line.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

This is a bum deal Carl ! not surprising as the web-master was slower than a slug to get any updates going as well as updates to death of former OdR RK veterans......the site will be missed unless someone from Deutschland picks up the tab and keeps it going.......by the way check

www.ritterkreuz.de

your book awaits you ! :D

E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Id be glad to attempt to keep it online--RATS---THE excellent source is gone--zip zap bamo :mad: Oh well--now to see if I cna find Fellgiebels book through Detlev ot someone like him.

If I can get his book--IM going to publish an English version if I can find any takers. Plus--my version will be broken down into different branches of service--by unit--which I dont think was ever done. For ex: All Gebirgejagers together--all Fallschirmjagers--all Artillerie--Panzer--Machinegunners--Cavalry--etc etc etc.

Well--ive my work cut out for me.

Also--thanks for Patzwalls link--im going to email them and see if I can get more info on the DKiG books. I had not known there were TWO volumes--darn it all to cold snow-at least $150.00 to get an incomplete set-- :mad:

But--at least ill have them. I hope they accept credit cards--I dont want to pay COD--that would be highway robbery. I see at least $150--just for the books and do NOT expect to pay $50 more just for shipment. ((SIGH))

Anyway--thanks for the link my friend and now ill do some emailing.