Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Achtung fake German kriegsweihnacht plates invasion

Discussion in 'Collections' started by Skipper, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

The same sold on EBAY.fr but................... with a Meissen mark! It's for the same Unit ... Marlings on both plates are : GEN.KDO XIII A.K. Kriegsweihnacht 1940 .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

5. lwd

lwd Ace

How does ebay react to the information that these are fakes?

6. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

thanks Skipper.....interesting...people are still trying to scam and others buying it......

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Apparently buyers are not aware of this scam yet. The plates sell for 80-100 or even 200 euros a piece (sometimes much more) . I suppose Ebay will remove them, once people start complaining. I hope this will prevent potential buyers from not getting scammed. Not only Ebay, but many othe sites sell them . Many collectors proudly display them on their shelves and even auction houses sell them, believing they are genuine. In the mean time this crap spreads like pest on the internet. The Meissen logo is easy to imitate, so it's a favorite, but many more makers are affected.

8. lwd

lwd Ace

I think I've heard the ebay is pretty good about pulling things like this if they are informed. It may very among the various flavors of ebay though. Some ebay auctions also have a section for comments or questions ... posting the fact that they are fakes there might get some interesting reactions.

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Ebay is only one site. Posting on forums is better . One quick googling with key words, for instance "Kriegsweihnacht" "fake Meissen" "German 1940 plate" "WW2 Meissen" etc.... will show many sites.

10. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing a lot of buyers that get fakes do not know how to 'use' the internet...? you always have ''fools'', though.....
    but then how would they use ebay? a lot of older people with $ and no WW2 knowledge?
    my dad was anti-tank 0351 and told me he'd liked to buy a bazooka...I'm sure he would've bought one, [ non-firing of course ] ....but he wouldn't know the difference between a replica and relic from an ad....