Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Achtung Spitfire!

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Tomato Eins, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Tomato Eins

Tomato Eins New Member

Hi all,
    I'm Jarryd, also known as Tomato Eins. Since a little boy, I have been fascinated with powered flight. Watching the 1969 classic movie, The Battle of Britain, as a 6 year old captivated my imagination. It is this movie that gave me my name: Tomato Eins (Link below).Then around 7, I developed an interest in the Second World War and thus history in general. It wouldn't be long until the two worlds collided. In my early teens this gave way to a new passion: Historic aviation with a special interest in Second World War aviation. Now as 16 year old, I've watched The Battle of Britain that many times that I know it off by heart and spend many hours reading and learning about these magnificent plane. My passion in this subject, along with the want to spread the word about these planes has led me to create a YouTube Chanel by the name of Tomato Eins Productions. This is only a new channel that is still well and truly in development, but I hope that one day I can turn it into a platform that can help to ensure that the planes and their brave pilots are never forgotten.
    So that's pretty much it. A young adult who is enthusiastic and passionate about flying and history.
    Tomato Eins ✈✈

Where my name originates from:

YouTube Channel:
    Tomato Eins Productions

2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Welcome Aboard!

3. Jba45ww2

Jba45ww2 Well-Known Member

Welcome and nice to see a “young” person interested, also a great movie. I remember seeing it on the big screen

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australian Pat Hughes was one of the top ten aces of the Battle of Britain...

[​IMG]

"Of the total of 537 RAF Fighter Command pilots who died (in the Battle of Britain) at least ten were Australian. Another four who were enlisted in the Royal Australian Air Force also died."