Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Adolf Hitler

Discussion in 'Leaders of World War 2' started by Mic von Krate, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Mic von Krate

Mic von Krate New Member

via TanksinWW2
    WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ADOLF HITLER; A GERMAN PATRIOT, AN EVIL MAN?

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE FURHER

THANKS,
    PRIVATE MIC VON KRATE

2. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I think that he so deserved to die. :kill:

3. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    First off, typing in caps is generally regarded in forum ettiquette as being the 'net equivilent of shouting, so caps off please, it makes your post look aggressive.

Hitler, well he can't be a German patriot since he was Austrian. ;)

He was a dangerously unstable xenophobic drug dependent madman who was able to manipulate, cajole and insinuate himself into a position of power, then organise murder, betray and further manipulate others in order to maintain his position.

He had no real vision apart from that of an opportunist or gambler and he had no real foreign policies beyond subjugating, bullying or outright crushing nations weaker than Germany. Internally the Nazi economic revival is largely a myth, Nazi economic policy would have bankrupted Germany if it weren't for the war.

He led a government that instituted the industrialised genocide of around 6 million people (To use the generally accepted figure) and started a war of racial supremacy in Europe, Africa and the Soviet Union that left something around 50 million people dead. Arguably the most destructive war of all time.

In terms of the individual most responisble, it is without doubt Hitler. He made the political and military decisions that led to all this, and in the end his "patriotism" to Germany involved making the decision that as Germans had proved unable to defeat the Slavs, they must be weaker and therefore did not deserve to exist. He ordered all industry and technology in what was left of Germany destroyed, an order which would have reduced Germany to a Medieval level of existance, an order which fortunately for the German people was sabotaged by Speer. How very patriotic of Adolf...

Why, what do you think of him?

4. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :lol: :lol:

5. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, I can't really add anything, except that he was kind to his dog... until he poisoned it. ;)

[Oh, and I moved this to the Leaders of WWII topic where it belongs]

6. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    He also liked architecture and painting

7. Ebar

Ebar New Member

On a space station in geosynchronous orbit above y
    via TanksinWW2
    He was all for destroying a hell of a lot of looted art at the end of the war. Happily another order not carried out.

8. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Didn't he order the Eiffel Tower destroyed?Another order ignored.
    Also,he surrounded himself with opportunistic egomaniacs.

9. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Eifel tower and art destroyed????? i don't think that hitler would be that insane. anyway, all the art was in Gorrings villa and i don't think that he would burn it, not even when he would freeze to hell in winter
    he did ordered that paris should be burned to the ground if the allies would capture the city and he wanted everything of military or ecenomic vallue to be destroyed rather then to see the allies use it against him (he learned that from te eastern front)
    oh, and he loved that berlin was bombarded to the ground so that it would be easier to built the new capital Germania on it's place.

talking about his love of architecture. did you guys knew that he designed some of the bunkers in the atlantik wall? the prooved to be amazingly resistant against airial bombardments

10. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    If you can call sending millions of yoru own people to their deaths in the name of glorifying the "Furher" patriotism, then yes... Hitler was patriotic

11. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    There seems to be a rumour around that Leclerc (not Hitler!) ordered the Parisian monuments and public buildings destroyed, but it appears to be due to the fact that the French word for "public building" may also be used for "defensive structure".

12. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Sturmtiger wrote:
    He did more than order the destruction of the Eiffel Tower, he wanted Paris burnt to the ground (even though it was one of his favourite cities)!

Many of the people that surrounded Hitler were leeches, for sure (a pig named Martin Bormann for one).

Panzerman wrote:
    He was a really talented artist. His paintings of what he envisaged Berlin becoming were fantastic pieces (I do not, however, have much eye for art :lol: ). I have read that he could not draw people though. That may explain why Hitler wasn't much of a "people's person."

13. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Really? I heard that Hitler's art style was criticized by the art community as notoriously dull... and while fit for postcards and such he was never good enough at it to earn a comfortable living off art alone...
    Lucky he had a day job; evil dicator of Nazi Germany :D

14. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Smeg, as I noted earlier, my taste in art is poor; I've found style in Picasso. :p

15. Gunter_Viezenz

Gunter_Viezenz New Member

via TanksinWW2
    He ahd German citizenship therefore he can be a German patriot, it sthe same as saying I cannot be a Canadians Patriot because I was born in Poland THATS RUBBISH :angry:
    Agreed but I dont understand what you mean about the drugs. Murder betray, to manipulate looka at any other dictator please.

Actually it was liberation of German from Poland. Have you seen the documentary fatherland? That is what the vet said they were doing.

Under law can a physcotic man be convicted of murder? I dont think so not where I live and sicne you claim he was phsycotic than he could not be blamed? It is your own logic that he was physco, jsut applying it to real laws. but he ahd defeated the slavs, in Poland which defeated the Bolsheveks before therefore he defeated the slavs. He was obviously one of those people that when thigns go bad the blames everyone around him and cant take responsibility. he always had some1 to blame the Jews for WWI, and germans for WWII

Can a mentally insane person be responsible for murder?

Poisined to test if the cynide still worked, if he really loved Blonde he woulda set her free. (it was female dog right?)

16. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    To deal with your points in turn:

Hitler spent about half his life in Austria and only went to Germany when rejected by the Austro-Hungarian Army, to be honest I don't see how he can really be considered a German Patriot, although I concede your point on a technical issue.

The drugs were those concoctions that he was increasingly dependent on as prescribed by his personal quacks towards the end.

Whatever the Vet said he thought they were doing, the Nazis under the direct leadership of Hitler started a Rassenkampf, a struggle for racial supremacy in Europe and Eurasia, principally Aryan against Slav. In Nazi eyes it was to be a fight to the finish with only one winner.

To be honest I am not a lawyer, I have no intention of ever being a lawyer and on the whole have a general dislike of lawyers as a group. I'm not going to split hairs over the legal definitions of who can and cannot be considered a "Murderer", as far as I am concerned those civilians who died as a direct result of Nazi policy and decisions were murdered.

Those who made the decisions, decided the policies, issued the orders and carried them out are murderers. Morally if not legally.

17. Gunter_Viezenz

via TanksinWW2
    Actually he lived in Germany before the war started. He is seen in a photograph in Munich when war is announced. And as far as I remember reading he intentionally made a bad impression not to join the Austrian army because he wanted to fight for the Germany army.
    Please correct me if I am wrong thats jsut what I remember reading from his biography.
    Since he was born in 1889 and died in 1945 would make him 56. And since he came at germany before 1914. Earlier than that I am sure would make him 25. Therefore it is more than half his life in Germany is it not? I dont believe I failed math.
    still dont understand what you mean.
    We agree on somethings than. :D
    Very true I cannot contest that point.

18. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    We agree on somethings than.

Don't feel too bad, I guess it had to happen sooner or later... :lol:

OK, this is from a Wiki ( :roll: ) article, but it seems close to what I can recall.

"Hitler received a small inheritance from his father in May 1913 and moved to Munich. He later wrote in Mein Kampf that he had always longed to live in a "real" German city. In Munich, he became more interested in architecture and the writings of Houston Stewart Chamberlain. Moving to Munich also helped him escape military service in Austria for a time, but the Austrian army later arrested him. After a physical exam (during which his height was measured at 173 cm, or 5 ft 8 in) and a contrite plea, he was deemed unfit for service and allowed to return to Munich. However, when Germany entered World War I in August 1914, he immediately enlisted in the Bavarian army."

So that put him at 24, half his life would have been to 28, so give or take a few years about half his life (Alright, I'm stretching things more than a bit here! :D ).

"He also became dependent on methamphetamine that Morell supplied to him daily with other compounds, including Nux Vomica, which contains strychnine. Initially described as "vitamultin," the mix later became "vitamultin forte." This was administered via injection and small tablets packaged in gold wrappers. By 1945, Hitler was using cocaine as well, which Morell applied via eye drops for Hitler's vision troubles."

That's the drug dependency I was referring to.

19. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    A matter of definition which we've been through before on these forums somewhere. Strictly technically, because "patriotism" is derived from Latin "patria" or "fatherland", you cannot really be a patriot for anything but your fatherland. Similarly, since "nation" is derived from Latin "natio" meaning "I was born", you cannot actually change nationality either. However since this rules out all possiblities to give a name to someone who is proud of another country than his own, let's skip the technicalities and go with what you said. ;)

20. Gunter_Viezenz

via TanksinWW2
    from dictionary.com
    Patriot -One who loves, supports, and defends one's country.

I think there is a quote from Sun Tzu that applies to Hitler. It was something like: One a fool seeks power, and only the greatest fool seeks it by force. I dont think I got it word for word but its close.