Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

AMERICAN Football

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Mussolini, Sep 20, 2007.

1. wilconqr

wilconqr Member

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I do wonder if my little small Oregon Ducks can get above ranking # 5 ? I doubt it. good hit on USC though .......... :D

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

So...how bout them Jets? :mad:

Giants seem to be playing well...other then today in England against the Fish.

Next weekend should be an amazing game: Colts vs Pats to see who goes undefeated :eek:

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

They're Oregon, for goodness sake, of course not. Now, if Notre Dame manages to put more than two touchdowns together and actually win another game, they could easily be #4. They're Notre Dame, ya know.

The Fighting-Not-So-Well Irish are on national TV every weekend and it took them how many games to score an offensive touchdown?

Do y'all plan on playing 384 games? USATODAY.com - What to wear? Oregon has 384 game-day choices

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

that's bogus we have 475 days :D I'd laugh my brains out if we met up with Ohio State in the big one................ with then losses of Saturdays elite it would not surprise me.

I think we have some special digit plays though involving blindfolds and some sort of nudity

6. Slipdigit

Well, you can keep those 475, I'll keep the Crimson Tide's, er, uh, two. As is very evident, we don't change our appearance very much.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

it's all part of our weird autonomouness I suppose. crimson tide should change from red to puke green kinda like the ugly neon yuk we use

8. Slipdigit

Oh, perish the thought! The Bear would turn over in his grave, as well as other great coaches like Wade Wallace (who has a stadium named for him at Duke) and Frank Thomas.

Besides our team couldn't very well be the "Crimson" Tide if we are wearing puke green, now could it?

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

that's the point they have passed on ............. hmmmmmmmmmm the Green Tide, that sounds interesting kinda like pollution ~ Soilent Green ? nah too hollywood

10. Slipdigit

We couldn't just use "green." Besides, there is already a green, water based mascot close by, the Tulane Green Wave.

We'd have to use something like the Viridian Tide (yes, that is a color). It has more majesty to it than the Green Tide.

11. Mussolini

WHAT THEY HAD TO BE THINKING

Rex Grossman: "And he's supposed to be giving us a better shot at winning?" after watching fellow Chicago Bears quarterback Brian Griese throw four interceptions – three in the end zone – during a 16-7 loss to the Detroit Lions.

Chad Pennington: "I feel like Rex Grossman" after replacement Kellen Clemens completed five of 12 passes with two interceptions during the New York Jets' loss to the Buffalo Bills.

:lol::rofl::rofl::spin::p:D

12. FramerT

FramerT Ace

The sports talking heads are giving way too much attention to the Patriots "running up the score" 52 to 7 against the Redskins. What were they supposed to do, kneel down for the 4th quarter? Let the cheerleaders play instead?

13. bigfun

bigfun Ace

so much for my feeble attempt at humor!:D

14. von Rundstedt

von Rundstedt Dishonorably Discharged

The mighty San Francisco 49er's for me.

15. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Ah, I am just happy I get to see games now here in Holland (Thanks to digital TV and NASN). Enjoyed the Steelers against NE last night.....

16. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

My Ravens are the biggest disappointment in football this year.

17. Mussolini

Yeah, at least you'll get one more win....against the Dolphins!

Hilarious that in the same season that the Pats become the next undefeated team, the Dolphins lose all of theres.

18. Blaster Twins

Blaster Twins Member

I'm a fan of Steelers,because I'm a former Defensive Tackle in Italian Giaguari Torino American Football Team.Giaguari means Jags,and the color of my Team is the same of Steelers.Just the decal on the sides of the helmet is different.And remember that Steelers have had a man likes Jerome "The Bus" Bettis,#36!!!
    Go Steelers!!!

19. Needforspeed

Needforspeed Member

Giants - Pats game was amazing. Pats D could not stop Eli, they were completely exposed that game. They are a vulnerable team, really, for someone who goes undefeated, they had luck on their side countless times this season.

20. Mussolini

Not to mention a little help from refs who want to see them go undefeated. Honestly, I think it means nothing unless they win the superbowl, and i really don't think they will be able to do that.