Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

American GI interactions with Germans in Germany...the Orders

Discussion in 'Photographs and Documents' started by Bulge44, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Bulge44

Bulge44 Member

My grand uncle served with the 1st Infantry Division in WWII....his unit was in Germany after the war concluded in Europe. The other day he gave me this little pamphlet which contains Orders detailing how Amercians should interact with Germans while in Germany. I thought i'd share it with the rest of you...

.. View attachment 17180

Attached Files:

2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Thanks for posting these. Always good to see some of the more personal papers that were distributed.

3. Bulge44

Bulge44 Member

i have a Hitler Stamp Booklet that a German colonel gave my grand uncle while he was in Germany. It celebrated the two year anniversary of the start of the War. Wasn't sure if i should post pictures of that on this forum. Not sure what the guidelines for that sort of thing is. Would you happen to know?

4. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Not sure, might see if a Mod' gives the nod. I'd have no problem with anything like that. Won't last long if someone tries to espouse the Nazi 'line' but don't see that happening. It's a piece of History.

5. Bulge44

Bulge44 Member

ok, thanks. I'll give it a try....

6. Up From Marseille

Up From Marseille Member

A nice bookend for these written orders is the US Film: "Your Job In Germany" which takes those orders and puts them to film. Written by Theodore Geisel (Later known as Dr. Seuss) and directed by Frank Capra ("It's a Wonderful Life"), the film is worth viewing:
    Your Job in Germany - YouTube

John