Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

An Empire on ICE Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Mussolini, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Italy At War Thread

I thought it might be prudent to create a discussion thread for my AAR.

The AAR might fail miserably in game as I turned the Scripted Invasions OFF (don't want the US invading Italy on the historical date, afterall). However, this might prevent the Japanese doing their Island Hopping, or Germany attacking Norway (I highly doubt they will do Operation Sealion). I will try and keep an eye on this.

How do you feel about the presentation of the AAR? Is having "Il Duce" an interesting way of reading the AAR? What about the images - do you like the use of the images to give you a sense of where things are?

Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome.

2. Mark4

Mark4 Ace

Why are you hooked on Italy? O and are you going to attack Germany,France,greatbritain? Since you want the roman empire you gotta lot of work.

3. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

It is much better the way you are doing it Matt, that way it is like a timeline of events, much easier to read and understand.

4. Mussolini

Mark4 - I am not quite sure why you ask why I am hooked on Italy. The quest for the Roman Empire was a real-life idea of Mussolinis, though more of an Empire Expansion then a 'reclaim Roman borders' type thing - I am just following along with that ploy.

Tomcat - g'day mate! Haven't had a chance to talk with you in a while. Glad you like the new method. I am trying to take screenshots of events as they happen (The SCW is an event that triggers a little bit into the SCW - rather then as an option on the Politics screen). I forgot to save my game last ight so have to replay the from July - November. ^-^ I'll also be adding lots of pictures of actual Italians at war, including tanks and planes and ships (at least that is the plan). All using the ICE Mod of course.

5. Mussolini

I will be redoing my Empire on ICE thread tonight/tomorrow as I have upgraded to the latest version of the Mod which changes things a bit (more ports - where you'd expect them for instance). I was iffy at first but when I saw mention that Italy can join the Axis during the Italy-German Pact.

6. Mussolini

Apparently I Annexed Ethiopia (one of those 'doh' moments) so I ended up liberating it. I am thinking this has to do with its tiny army (not event triggered) or not being part of the Axis despite being my puppet. I think I am going to edit the save-game and just add them to the Axis.

7. Mussolini

Next update will be in two parts. Played through 1937, which involved a war - albeit a brief one at that.