Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

An Open Letter to Obama

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by texson66, Jun 10, 2009.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

This might come to a big surprise for you but, I don't read anything by Ann Coulter, never listen to Limbaugh-though I agree with a few things he says-but not many and only rarely. The last Limbaugh radio show I listened to-was back circa about 1991. I used to watch Hannity when possble-only once since we got Cable TV recently. I do like O 'Reilly but for other reasons too. I do like Beck a lot and will listen to him. I sure wish that Michael Reagan had his own national TV show.

Keith Obermann is a freak--period. Those who work for the communist news network and any of its affiliates-Ditto. I sometimes wonder why Lou Dobbs stays with them?

Luke I agree with you though-I don't trust most politicians at all, and only trust a tiny bit-a very few-and even then, im on my Guard. Same here too on opinions.

2. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Looks like America is STILL split (Divided) right down the middle.

SIGH!

John.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

To put it mildly, American AINT going to heal until this current Pres is long since VOTED out of office--period! Like it or not but-(as some of my Britich friends like to say:) "There it is."

4. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

The US could survive a Civil War, several assassinated Presidents, two world wards, Vietnam and the sixties, Tricky Dickson and W... You certainly can stand an African-American rockstar! (I prefer Obama to Michael Jackson, whose death and all the fuzz about it are driving me insane!) :p :p :D :D

5. Herr Oberst

Herr Oberst Member

Burning books now are we? Perhaps you might learn something by reading and listening to those intelligent people.

Same for us, just go fishing all day on election day.

Smells like burning books again....At least in America we still have free speech, hopefully we do on this forum.

We'll if you can't stand the heat...;)

Mom has your laundry folded and english muffin pizzas upstairs for you:D

6. Herr Oberst

Herr Oberst Member

I knew it ..... I knew it ..... It was you who stole Jackson's nose:D:D:D

Hold on to your hats folks the American public is Hopping Mad and Israel is about to kick the crap out of Iran.:eek:

m'excuse pour la deuxieme post

7. Super Heavy Tank

Super Heavy Tank Member

obama, you scare me because you run a country and refuse to salute it's flag and bow to people who blow up women and little kids because an invisible man told them to.

8. rhs

rhs Member

What it must be like to love your country with such a passion. In the UK passion it can get you into trouble, flying a Cross of St George or a Union Flag can get you arrested for all sorts of incitement. However fly the Welsh Dragon , Cross of St Andrew or St Patrick and its looked on as local colour.
    Our Politicians for some time have known little of real life , just the closed halls of University , Westminster and all the sleaze and corruption that go with it.
    We are the most spied on,legislated and criminalised nation in the world. All this by our own government. So many private agencies have the power to fine , spy and build files on you it is unbelievable. Dont Worry its all protected by the Data Protection Act. Its is until some one offers a nice sum of money for it or some idiot leaves a laptop on public transport.
    Texson , Carl and company may have little knowledge of the multitude of restrictions we in the UK live under but they are not going to sleepwalk into a similar system in their own country.
    The English have never had a passion, unless its for steam engines and gardening,and now we are paying for it.

9. T.Walpole

T.Walpole Member

"American AINT going to heal until this current Pres is long since VOTED out of office" (sic.)

Let's start with the Congress

10. T.Walpole

T.Walpole Member

"but they are not going to sleepwalk into a similar system in their own country."

The problem is for every Texson or Carl there are probably 10 sleepwalkers.

11. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

This is simply not true, if you check the facts (rather than regurgitating daily mail trash) you will rapidly learn that no one has ever been arrested for simply showing a cross of St George or Union Jack (which you can say instead of flag I learned recently). In fact, if you drive around a litle and look about when the football etc is on you will see hundreds of flags out.

I don't know, I mean when was the last time you were dragged out of your bed in the middle of the night and beaten by the police? Because that happens quite a lot in other countries.

They already have (patriot act anyone?) It's funny the way that you can take away civil liberties, hold people without trial and generally stomp all over freedom in the name of 'the war on terror' but look at the outcry when you try to provide a basic standard of healthcare for those that need it (the lazy, goodfornothing poor folks).

As for lacking passion, I don't know the great wealth of art and literature would suggest otherwise. What we have done however is allow our politicians to pervert our system of government, taking all authority away from back benchers and therefore away from the voter. The voting public don't understand the system, can't be bothered to learn and so the system has stopped working.

Jaeger likes this.
  12. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Its not lack of passion...Its more got better things to do or watch...I had my own few runins recently..My family reaction to my taking on things in an out of the box way? You shoudnt make a fuss. Its their job...I dont blame them, unless its individual you do not act, and when you do..your a should be shot according to phone ins as the establishment has enough to do without worrying about my acts.

13. rhs

rhs Member

Is increase in new laws and imprisonments a crime? | Platform - Open University

Have a look at that Steve ( no its not from the Daily Mail but the Open University Paper.) I hope you will see the point I am trying to make. Recently a shopkeeper in my locale was reported for having a Golliwog in her shop window. Now many of the shops have one some where. Was it up north that the Police did a night time raid looking for terrorist.Arrested two brothers and shot and injured one of them. They were later released without charge. Then of course there is that poor chap from Brazil . He got a new sort of British Justice
    .Shock as figures reveal Britain has one CCTV camera for every 14 people - more than China | Mail Online
    Sorry it Daily Mail but it appears to be the most upto date figure I can find

The auto links have disappeared but you should it with that information.

14. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Who on earth is steve? ;)

The Goliwog thing is an odd one, people make out it is 'political correctness gone mad' but actually they are rather offensive little items (come on, a ittle toy black man complete with massive lips and an afro, funny in 1950, not appropriate now). I am well aware of the tragic state of affairs as regards law and imprisonment, having actually looked at the list of 'rights' that we have had for 800 odd years but have now been removed for various reasons I can appreciate the depth of the problem. Having said that, we are lucky because we could change that if we really wanted. We have elections (from time to time), we need to get the power back into the hands of our MP's away from the president (I pick my words carefully here).

We also achieve nothing by foaming at the mouth about made up issues around expenses claims, golliwogs, flags and christmas cards, they simply don't matter! What matters is the fact that our PM can send us to war without having to take any responsibility, our police can arrest folks and hold them without trial far longer than is reasonable, the authorities can monitor us pretty much all day every day. Let's deal with the genuine problems not with unimportant, bourjois petty issues.

A vile mag, just a week ago they were going on about how the police should be doing x, y and z to catch people, next they complain about CCTV, then they simply make things up to stir up trouble, really not worth reading. That being so, as I've said, the CCTV thing is a serious problem, but we allow the government to do it, we set them up for it, we (and the stupid papers we read) go on about anti-social behaviour, the failiure of the police to deal with crime and so on, they respond an are slated for that. Kneejerk reactions, unthinking calls for action regardless of the conscequences, we have brought this on ourselves. As I said we are lucky because we could potentially deal with this if we want to, hopefully before we wind up with revolt and death in the street.

Jaeger and urqh like this.
  15. T.Walpole

T.Walpole Member

I would be absolutely SHOCKED to see a Golliwog in a shop window!!!

If I knew what what the heck a Golliwog was...

16. Keystone Two-Eight

Keystone Two-Eight Member

Wait a minute, "right whingers"? There's nothing "right winger" about me, and I'll be the first to step up and tell you his views and plans are disconcerting to me as well. If we were talking about doing nothing but giving insurance to those without, and requiring employees not to be cheap skates about insurance, then I'd be on board. But that's not what he wants to do, and frankly, if he wants to mess with my insurance, I've got a problem with it!

Besides, since when did it become such an affront to speak up against the government? You guys had no problem bitching and moaning about W (with good reason in a lot of cases, I might add) for 8 years,or about his Dad, or about Reagan, so what, the Republicans aren't afforded the same luxury? What a load!

Personally, I'm not frightened by the scare tactics of the "Obama jugend", to silence all contrasting opinion, and quite frankly, if nothing else, it's drawing me closer to the opposition.

It's a really offensive doll. essentially, if you called a Black person a word that starts with an "N" and then ends with "igger" (you do the spelling), thats what a golliwog is. It's called a "piccaninny" in the south.

17. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I have always tried to stay away from any type of sterotyping, either politically or ethnicly. I was surprised when people started getting weird about "lawn jockeies", but I did see their point.

The irony was that they were modeled on the "underground railroad" trick of putting a lantern in the window of "safe houses". The original statue was made to hold a lantern, not a horses lead line.

18. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

[​IMG]

As has been said, quite offensive by any definition of the term.

19. T.Walpole

T.Walpole Member

All dissent is extremism. Didn't you figure that out yet?

20. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I like that Stefan...We'll agree to disagree on the expenses though....I think that is quite tooth and nail to the whole society issue.

The Golliwog I only ever saw as a want as a kid who ate the jam. I didnt know it was offensive...It was always a toy like me batman belt and action man stars that I sent away for free goods. I never got a golliwog...never got enough caps...but I always wanted one.