Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Annie Frank

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by brandon05, Jan 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brandon05

brandon05 New Member

via War44
    I was actually surprised to not see this book mentioned on here yet. This is one of the first books that I ever read about the holocaust and WW2. I would have to say personally that this is a must read for anyone that is interested in this topic. Has anyone on here read this book?

2. Ricardo War44

Ricardo War44 New Member

via War44
    Yes, I read the Diary of Anne Frank about 10 or more years ago, and it would be worth another reading.

It's a very touching glimpse into the human consequences of war in general, I'd say.

3. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    I started reading this book a nunber of years ago, and didn't get to finish it for some reason? I will some day pick this back up and try again. :thumb:

4. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- New Member

via War44
    I am from the Netherlands, but I haven't read the diary yet. It is maybe becuase the Holocaust is not the area of my interest.

5. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    I understand what you say spitfire and agree, it is hard to read something that does not interest you.

6. eireann

eireann New Member

via War44
    This is probably the first WWII related book that I read. Isn't it remarkable how this one young woman kept her journals that were never meant to be published, and now it is one of the most famous books in the world?

7. Indiescribe

Indiescribe New Member

via War44
    Yes, I read the book and was completely floored by it. I also saw the movie on History Channel. The book was such a nice mix of pathos and innocence. What struck me the most tragic was that Anne Frank was 'betrayed' and captured in the summer of 1944. A few more months and the war would have ended.
    Her diary has been translated into numerous languages and is part of the curriculum in schools around the world. Her oft repeated line should be the motto for humanism -"I still believe that people are really good at heart."