Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Another AAR? POLL

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Mussolini, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Since its actually fun doing AARs, I am wondering which of the following you would like to see next? End of the week will determine the winner. Please vote only if you actually will follow the AAR and throw in your 2-cents in its discussion.

Possibly too big for a poll, so respond with your top 3 choices!

United Kingdom
    Sweden

Norway
    Finland
    USSR

Romania
    Yugoslavia
    Greece

Canada
    USA

Belgium
    Netherlands

Iraq
    Persia
    India

Communist China
    Nationalist China
    Japan

2. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

My three votes would go to....

1. Japan - Can you finish off China (I usally have no problem with it) and how do you fare against the weight of an industrial power like the US
    2. Greece - Do you go for Turkey, or move north against Bulgaria, Romania, and Hungry
    3. Finland - A small country up against the full weight of the SU.

3. Mussolini

Of those three, Finland and Greece appeal to me more.

Finland would be a real challenge, I think, going up against those damn Russkies.

Greece would be interesting too, based on what happened historically, its location, and its ties to the Allies. Things are guranteed to get screwy if I were to play as Greece. One Word: SPARTA!

Anyways, keep the votes rolling in. I'll narrow it down to three or so choices (based on what you guys vote for) at the end of the week, at which point I will either make the decision myself, put it to the Polls, or let you Rogues try to convince me to do XXX AAR.

4. Joe

Joe Ace

U.K.
    It's quite hard to play as actually. Although once I launched a daring assualt on Kiel in 1939 and managed to hold on, and wiping out the Kriegsmarine. didn't do much good, France still fell.

5. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I think another country who contributions to the war effort, would be interesting to see is S. Africa

6. Mussolini

South Africa or Iraq would be interesting. Both are part of the Allied war effort. Iraq tends to break alliance once the Axis get close, but if I were to play as Iraq I would probably break ties with the Allies, join the Axis, and take Persia :) Kuwait, at the least. That actually might be a fun scenario...