Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Another German Radar site....

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Erich, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Ladies and Gents :

thought I would not keep this secret to myself any longer. Have been doing research on the German night fighter arm for well over 35 years now as many of you already know. I would like to introduce to you, Peter Eichner's funkbase. Herr Eichner worked for the electronic firm Telefunken in the 1950's-1960's and was one of their top technicians. Peter was very fortuante to purchase all the archival materials of the late Fritz Trenkle who during his time of authorship, published as many as 15 books on airborne as well as land-based radar systems of the Third Reich. Check out Peter's extensive web-site and go through it when you have a bit of time on your hands. You will be very impressed with his documentation and publications that he has already produced.

www.funkbase.net

By the way he speaks and writes English but is a bit hard to reach at times......

Enjoy ! ;)

E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Grrrr, I couldn't grt the site to completely load.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Try reloading/refreshing at least 3-5 times. It is actually a big site and sometimes it will not even come up for me. Bookmark it anyway. His personal e-mail had the badtrans virus but he dumped that and is on a new provider.

viele Glück !

E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Will do and UH OH!! the triple six is next---OH NOOOOOO RUN, HIDE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

[​IMG] not as long as I can help it.....enough of that s*** as far as I am concerned..... [​IMG] :eek: :eek:

Ok, work on that site slowly. There is pretty tremendous material on that site and I think he has included some cool graphics/fotos of some of the WW 2 aircraft radio receivers and transmitters and part of his massive library/reference collection.

E ;)

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

WHEW!! we're all safe again..... and I gave the RKTs who recently passed away--a truckload of Ritterkreuze Bier. I wish they could enjoy it..

7. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Ahhhhh....SWEET!!!......

Not all the pdf files loaded and I got a lot of 'feedback' fields...

Have to get into this in more depth...Obviously!

Gotta love the pictures of his archives!!

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Salute und Prosit ! to the Ritterkreuzträger

rest in peace.

Yes, the site comes up slowly and some of his pages are a real bear to get loaded. He needs an upgrade as well......

E

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I would try again tonight but the library closes in 15 minutes and i have to check this site oncet again before retiring for the night. "See" you guys tomorrow--but only briefly.