Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Another RK vet passing.....

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Erich, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Guys :

Just in..... Panzer Abteilung Kommandeur, Hans Siegel of II./SS Pz. Rgt. 12 passed away on April 18, 2002.

E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Damn, and he was one I just mailed out a letter to.

This is what happens when too many things get in your way of persuing something exciting--and this happens. Whats even worse is, that none of these things were more important than writing to these guys--I could have done them a bit later--they had to get done.

From now on--I will make it more a priority to write to these guys--let the rest wait within reason.

:( :( :(

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Another SS Pz soldier also died.

RK träger Hans Dauser from 1st SS Schwere Pz. Rgt. 1. A Tiger 1 kommandeur in 1943.......do not have a date yet ! .......damn, another one gone too..........sucks !

E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Yep I agree, another good one passes away. Just recently--he was much talked about on another forum--which the topic quickly turned sour because of some troublemaker. Thats why I basicall quit that forum--too much bickering--and not enough of peope helping one another.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Yep I agree, another good one passes away. Just recently--he was much talked about on another forum--which the topic quickly turned sour because of some troublemaker. Thats why I basically quit that forum--too much bickering--and not enough of peope helping one another.

6. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

Erich,

This is terrible news for me,i have corresponded on many occasions with Hans Siegel,his last letter arriving on 23/3/2002.I have spoken to him by Telephone also and he had invited me to visit him in Germany in July this year.

Where and when did you hear this news?

He had been in Hospital recently but when i last spoke with him said he was fully recovered.
    Can you let me have any info you have on what has happened asap?

For those on the Forum who do not know Hans Siegel's History,he served in both the Leibstandarte and the Hitler Jugend Divs,winning the Ritterkreuz in Normandy whilst Chef 8/SS Pz Regt 12,later commanding the II/Abt SS Pz 12 in the Ardennes and Hungary as a Sturmbannfuhrer.He lost an arm in Hungary,but still went on to have a successful career as an Architect after the war.

He has over the years been very open about his wartime experiences and has told me much about his personal views about his comrades such as Micheal Wittmann who he knew well,Wunsche,Panzer Meyer,Peiper etc.

I am sitting here with a letter to him in front of me ready to post,feeling extremely saddened.

Seine Ehre hiess Treue!

Paul

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Paul--its the 2nd url link that is correct.

9. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

Hi Carl,

Thanks mate i've tried the Ritterkreuz site and Feldgrau with no luck.Also sent off a couple of mails to Germany to see if i can find out what has happened.
    Feeling gutted at the moment!!

Paul

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Word came to me through the W-SS author Mark Yerger and then I found it listed along with Dauser on the Third Reich forums and then later a gent from Norway I believe listed the date of Siegel's passing......... guys, write these vets NOW ! Don't delay any bloody longer. I am saddened not having been able to correspond with this fine man. But all I can say that this now is going to be my top priority as I have at least 12 German night fighter crews to write and they are getting older by the minute like all of us. Don't let another window of history pass you by........get on it !!!!!!!

Erich

11. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

Thanks Erich,

Hopefully i'll be able to find out more from Germany
    Great advice for everyone to ,the material and Militaria of war will be around for a long time ,the people who were there and fought it won't, so guys write to the vets NOW!!

Paul

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Sorry about that Paul--I wished I could have been a better help to you. Erich is right--Mark Yerger is the American to ask as he is more involved with these men with you, erich and myself combined. He is "on the inside" so to speak--of the OdR. I forgot--you can also ask Christian Habisohn--he too is "on the inside"

Take care mate--Carl.