Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Another tragic school shooting

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Canadian_Super_Patriot, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
  2. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    A police friend calls them copy-cat criminals. Basically sick wackos who want attention before killing themselves. When one does something that gets attention, others follow.

If somebody walked around a food store hitting folks with a hammer before killing themselves, somebody else would do the same thing.

He also said the worst thing for them is what is called "suicide-by-cop". Somebody gets into a violent situation with police with the sole intention of being killed.

3. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Man US realy needs gun control.

4. Ebar

Ebar New Member

On a space station in geosynchronous orbit above y
    via TanksinWW2
    And yet these people keep getting their hands on guns.

There was on this site quite a while back a long discussion on America and guns. It went on at length about the US Constitution, definitions of Militias and various other related topics. All of which is a moot point.

These shooting keep happening, plus hundreds of shootings that are barely reported at even a local level. From the stand point of this foreigner there is only one explanation, these events are a price American society as a whole is willing to pay.

Oh if a gun debate is wanted someone should probably dredge up the old topic wherever it is.

5. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    yes ,if you want to make world headlines and creat a media sensation , be sure to do your shooting at the schoolyard...i think if from now on if they buried all suicide school shooters in the school septic tank, all this copycat bullshyt would end at once...one thing all teens would consider most uncool is to be buried forever in a big vat of s&&T...

6. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
  7. Gunter_Viezenz

Gunter_Viezenz New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Whats gun control going to do? Most gun crimes occur with stolen or unregistered guns so that wont do much.(at least in Canada with our registry program costing billions of dollars acmoplishing nothing)

8. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Make guns illegal and guess what,that will be just one more law ignored by the criminals.Criminals don't obey the law.Drugs are illegal,yet they are everywhere.

9. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Well, there has been a very small decrease in gun crimes , but not enough to justify the amount of money out into it. The gun registry here started out as a cash grab and now,in my opinion , has turned into a fiasco.

Just wanted to add that ;)

10. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You're just making it easier for a criminal to get hold of a gun, or for a drug addict to get hold of his fix if you make it legal. The least you will do by outlawing it is make it harder on them, and on the plus side you get to arrest them just for possession.

Like Gunter said, most crimes occur with stolen guns - what if there are no guns lying around to be stolen, or in the cases above, picked up by the wrong person?

11. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Criminals are criminals...they'll get thier fix or a gun no matter what the laws are. Frankly all the new gun laws do are making it slightly harder for crooks and twice as hard for honest hunters to miantain their guns. Beside who heard of a drive-by shooting with hunting weapons....which Uzi's, M-16's, AK-47's and SMG are decidedly not.

This guy was a guniene wacko. As was the guy in Montereal.

There's really no defence aginast them because they lead normal lives until one day they snap and it's the same old story....people dead and communities fearing for their lives and the lives of their children.

Wow this is my longest post yet.....I think.

12. Gunter_Viezenz

Gunter_Viezenz New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I live near the border with the US actually 10 minute drive to the bridge and 20 to tunnel so the thing is also a large amount of guns being smuggled into Canada from the US. I think it was this year or last year the cops were cracking down on youth violence in Toronto and captured part of a weapons smuggling ring.

Majority of people don't know how easily drugs are accesable to youth in my city, that or they just dont care.

13. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    We have to look at the mind set of these school shooters. None of them have any desire to live through it. If you could actually make all the guns in the US disappear, they will simply use something else. They want to die in a great attention getting way. You can't reason with them and you can't stop them because they are crazy.

What happens when you take guns away from folks who are Hell bent on killing is they find alternative ways such as fertilizer bombs hidden in cars or hand bags.

14. dave phpbb3

dave phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2

Weren't the guys at Columbine going to use bombs? because to my knowledge they planted a couple of bombs that didn't go off?
    It's all phycology, They are often social rejects that eventually snap in an attention seekin killing spree, examples also include Port Arthur, Hungeford and Dunblane.

15. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    when i think back on my own high school days i can recall some students being endlessly bullied and abused simply because they were weak or a little weird ...its amazing more of them didnt go postal back then...ill wager all of you can remember some guys in school who,s lives were made a liveing hell while out of direct sight of teachers or adults...

16. Kaiser phpbb3

Kaiser phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    isn't it weird how countries which outlawed guns has very little incident of shootings?

Think Malaysia,Singapore,China and various other places that outlaw guns.Chances are,there's very few cases of shoot-outs.

It is not that the law is useless..it is because the government is not putting their hearts into it.Hence there is really no point in outlawing guns in the US if they are not going to follow through it

17. McRis

McRis New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As far as i know, this kind of shooting in such quantity has occured only in the U.S. There were some cases in other countries, i.e. Canada, but in America has exceeded any limit thus far. Correct me if i'm wrong please...

18. Ossian phpbb3

Ossian phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Dunblane (Scotland) 1996 when 16 children (aged 5-6) and their teacher were killed by a maniac gunman

Too many others, unfortunately

19. dave phpbb3

dave phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2

I believe there was a huge massacre in South Korea where a policeman (to my knowledge only the police and army are allowed to carry firearms over there) snapped and killed alot of people, the exact numbers illude me but i'll dig them up later

20. Hoosier phpbb3

Hoosier phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    TISO and Roel:
    Ya'll seem pretty quick in Europe to give-up all your rights relating to private gun-ownership for "law-abiding" citizens.

The USA has plenty of laws currently on the books relating to gun ownership... their legal use, and possession. A convicted felon in this country cannot legally own a firearm of any kind. Yet criminals still find a way to possess them. I'm sure the same is true in your respective countries as well.
    After a school-shooting in Australia, the knee-jerk reaction of the government was to ban private gun-ownership. The result has been a marked increase in the percentage of gun-related crime and home-invasion.

I do think Benjamin Franklin said it best:
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --(Franklins reply to the governor, Pennsylvania Assembly 1755)

In the United States. 43,000 lives are lost YEARLY in automobile accidents on our nations' highways. Should we consider banning the public use of automobiles in our country as well?

Tim