Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Any submariners who remember Lester "Bobo" Johnson ?

Discussion in 'Naval Warfare in the Pacific' started by LWJdaughter, Dec 31, 2003.

1. LWJdaughter

LWJdaughter recruit

Hoping to find someone who might remember my Dad. He is still living... but in poor health. Would be very nice if I could relay a message to him from some one in his past. "Bobo" was a nickname that stayed with him from HS. He was from Jacksonville, FL and very athletic... always on a ball team- football or basketball. He was a submarine sailor (wanted to be a navy pilot... but all the recruits got told that there were too many in the program... so he chose sub duty. He's never forgiven them for it!) Stationed out of San Diego?... stayed behind in China after the war as an MP? Talked about traveling with some buddies cross country, sleeping in the Waldorf Astoria lobby one time... this is my third post... is anybody out there? And if you've got an idea about a better place to post... please tell me! Thanks!

2. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

LWJduaghter, most welcome to the forums! ;) Thank you for sharing that information on your father.

I'd like to help out a bit, but first I'll need to know which submarine(s) did your father serve in? That way it's easier to track the remaining men of the crew(s). [​IMG]

And please, give him my regards.