Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Are their any open world ww2 games out their?

Discussion in 'Other WarGames' started by Allied-vs-Axis, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Allied-vs-Axis

Allied-vs-Axis New Member

I'm just wondering if their are any open world ww2 games out their. I don't mean a ww2 game with a large map, I mean you can have side quests and go anywhere you want. Maybe one where you get to decide which side you play for 'axis or allies', or even get to be a civilian if you wish. If anyone knows about such a game please tell me. :)

Also, please don't recommend a mod for a game. I'm talking about a vanilla ww2 open world game.

2. YugoslavPartisan

YugoslavPartisan Drug

So that would be like an RPG game. I wondered the same some time ago and I haven't found the similar game.

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Such a game does not exist. It would be rather hard to do with the changing battlefronts.

The closest you'll get is World War II Online - google it for more information.

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

There are a variouty dice and pencil RPG games. You play them in the same way as AD&D, with a GameMaster running the game. The best known is probably the GURPS WW2 system. I hear they are good games, but you need at least one other player to run the game for you. I've never played, so cant comment on gameplay.

There are also a number of WW2 RPG gaming forums that pop up often. The same concept as above but played on a forum like this, so no need to physically meet. They tend to fall off the radar after a spell, so finding a consustent game might be difficult.

Im not sure if that's exactly what you are asking for, but those are the only "open" WW2 games I'm aware of.