Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Art Contest: August

Discussion in 'Art of War' started by Mussolini, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Do Not Respond to this Post until you have read it completely. Only submissions may be posted here!

The first art contest! Slightly restricted time period, but I thought it would be best to get the ball rolling on this!

Contest Month: August, 2010
    Submission Deadline: August 27th, 2010
    Winner Announcements: September 1st, 2010

August Theme for Contest: Liberation

In August, of 1944, Paris was finally liberated by the Allies from years of Axis control. The Liberation of Paris was a monumental event during World War 2 and certainly signaled the end of times for the Germans in Europe. In honor of this great feat, this months Theme is Liberation.

Art submissions must include the theme of Liberation in them. This can be interpreted as you, the artist, see fit. The winner will be decided based not only on quality of art, but also originality and also on how they represent the current Theme.

Contest Rules:
    [​IMG]

Note: Up to Three Submissions per-contest are permissible.

Submission Guidelines:

In order to submit your submission for the contest you must post a response to this thread with the following form:

Name: Your name as you wish to be known by.
    Month of Submission: Which contest month (August) are you submitting the piece for?
    Briefly explain your piece: Briefly describe the artwork you are submitting.
    Your Submission: Attach link or image here.

If you have any questions or further comments, please send me (Mussolini) a PM.

2. Mussolini

All those interested in this contest please send me a PM so that I have a rough head-count of participants.

3. Mussolini

-*-WARNING-*-

Final Submissions are due with 24 hours!

Work on your finishing touches before submitting your piece(s) to this thread.

Attach to Post or use an Image-hosting site like Photobucket.

4. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Sadly, it looks like mine will be late as I won't be done by tomorrow. I will add it though once finished even if it is late. Two weeks from announcement to deadline ended up being in too much conflict with other commitments.

I know from other threads that there are rogues who paint or draw; it would be nice to see some of their work. Perhaps if it is announced sooner with more time to work,, there would be a greater response. I'd like to see something about Remembrance Day with a deadline of November 10.