Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

As Per Otto's orders, an intro.

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Oesau13, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Oesau13

Oesau13 New Member

1. Your Name and Forum Member Name: Most friends call me Red. I'm female, so Miss Red is acceptable. Oesau13 as my username - that's easy. Good friends can call me Cori.

2. Age: How long have you been on this planet? Nearly 43 years. My day of birth is exactly a day after Rudel and Kupfer.

How long have you been interested in WWII? Born into it. My maternal grandfather worked on a SAC field in Plattsburgh; his friends were with the bomber group there; I got told a lot of stories that I only half-remember.

3. Origins: Where are you from? My parents. Isn't everyone else? Plattsburgh, NY, though I moved further south because who doesn't like 374 inches of snow in six freakin months of winter?

4. Historical Interest: What areas of WWII are you interested in? Luftwaffe, primarily.
    What would you like to know more about? Um, see username. I'm working on his biography, but it is seriously stalled for a large number of reasons. Been compiling since 2006, but had a few data crashes.

What are your areas of knowledge, and what can you help other with? Walter isn't my only subject of interest; I know his comrades pretty well. I'm more into the personal histories of the men that fought, and why they fought, than kill lists. Reciting kill lists is a good way to make me roll my eyes.

5. Hobbies: What sort of Hobbies do you have? I'm a hobby farmer, I garden. The usual stuff.

Are any related to World War II? I used to re-enact, but I don't anymore. Too expensive!

Wargaming? Yes, but WW1 German flight sims.

Video-games? See above. Teaching the kiddo to fly them, so I sound like Boelcke barking out the Dicta. XD

Memorabilia? If it's of a certain red-haired Luftwaffe Ace, I'm pretty much interested in it.

Visiting historic sites? Ones I can afford, yes. Old Rheinbeck Aerodrome, etc.

6. Miscellaneous: Anything else you'd like to share with us? I don't suffer from that issue that certain females interested in history do; which means you ain't gonna see me asking if Luftwaffe aces were married or peurile crap like that. Also, be noted - poking this bear before she's caffeinated can be dangerous... to an extent. I am sarcastic, but not mean. Kinda gotta be when you're a gal in a generally boys' only club.

green slime, Otto and Kai-Petri like this.
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome. New people buy a round at the bar.

3. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Welcome, hope you find what you're looking for here. Good luck with the biography.

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Howdy and welcome

5. harolds

harolds Member

Interesting! For a long time I too had a fascination with the LW. Still do, but not as much. If I may ask, why "Gulle"? Oh yes, WELCOME!

6. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

7. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Hi Miss Red. You seem to be quite knowledgeable. We're looking forward to your contributions.

8. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

G'day and welcome aboard...the Luftwaffe is a super interesting subject and leads a person to many other stories and places...im guessing you're a blood nut...or a ranga?

[​IMG]
    We had a female ranga as Prime Minister not long ago...theres no stopping them.

9. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums!

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Cheers and Wellcome red! Kph

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome Miss Red, good to have you lurking about the joint. You show keen intellect scrupulously following GroFaz's directions. Well done.

12. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome aboard @Oesau13 , great to have you here.

Please keep us informed on your biography of Walter Oesau. When you publish, please let us know.

13. Oesau13

Oesau13 New Member

Jeez, guys. I lost the link to this page in a data crash; Kai's recent message to me reminded me of it. I must be getting old or something, forgetting stuff. Did NOT lose any Oesau data, but with finances being crap, no progress has been made on the biography. Many Souffan wrote a very nice comprehensive one in ACES magazine; was nice to lend him a small hand; managing Oesau's FB page led me to meeting his great-grandchildren, and that's pretty neat. So sorry for the lack of responses, I just... got lost.