Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Atomic Bombs

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by SOAR21, Feb 19, 2009.

1. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

What are the tactical uses of atomic bombs? Keep in mind that I only have the normal HoI2, not DD. I have had atomic bombs many times, but I usually am winning completely by then, and have no military use for them. I also try not to reduce the victory point value of provinces that I am just about to capture anyway. I once ended up with six atomic bombs in September 1947, and Japan was in the process of being conquered, probably by November. With no use, I DoW'd the Soviet Union, just so I could bomb something. Two bombs each on Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad sent them reeling. Besides the Victory Point reduction, I really accomplished nothing.

2. Joe

Joe Ace

They don't even make them surrender. Once I nuked all the major cities in the US and thy still fought on.

3. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

They can be used to break heavy defense. Say you launched overlord and were stuck at Siegfried line with super dug in troops along with land forts. What do you do? Nuke it, no forts infrastructure almost zero and enemies will leave without a fight almost.