Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Audio book

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by dirttrackkid, May 16, 2018.

1. dirttrackkid

dirttrackkid New Member

Hello. I’m new to this forum and was wondering if there’s a audio book out there with battlefield recordings and speeches. I’ve googled many different things trying to find something but haven’t come across anything yet.

I work at a place were I’m in a room by myself and able to listen to anything. If anybody has any suggestions it would be great to hear them!

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Here are some possible sources:
    World War II Audio - HISTORY.com
    BBC - School Radio - World War 2 Audio Clips
    BBC - History - World Wars: Audio: Churchill and World War Two

I haven't really tried any of them so can't vouch for them. Here's the google that found them (all were first page only) note some of the alternate search suggestions at the bottom of the page.
    wwii speaches audio - Google Search

*** edit for ***
    found this after I posted the previous and it looks like it has some real potential:
    WWII Era Audio Recordings : Free Audio : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  3. dirttrackkid

dirttrackkid New Member

Thank you!!

4. lwd

lwd Ace

Your welcome. PLS let us know what you think of them. I not only haven't tried any of those sites I don't think I've even seen reviews of them. There were some really impressive orators during that time.

5. dirttrackkid

dirttrackkid New Member

I listened to a few on the last website you gave me and it was really cool. They break it down in years and they have all kinds of different reports from over seas and shows it’s very interesting. I’ll check out the others tomorrow