Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

B-24 "witchcraft" Throughout it's career...

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by sniper1946, May 3, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Witchcraft was a B-24H in the 467th Bombardment Group, 790th Bombardment Squadron of the 8th Air Force. It flew in the 467th BG's first mission (April 10, 1944), its last mission (April 25, 1945), and 128 missions in between -- 130 missions in all, an 8th AF record.

WWII pictures of B-24 Witchcraft

O.M.A. and Highway70 like this.
  2. LoriAnn

LoriAnn Active Member

I got the opportunity to photograph "Witchcraft" last month. Here's my album via Facebook: B-24 Liberator "Witchcraft"

Warning: It's a very small album. I'm new to photography, and I have NO clue how to photograph planes. Worse, I love artsy and weird angles. So...you can imagine. But I'll share these with you guys in case anyone sees something they enjoy or find interesting.

The first 4 photos are of Witchcraft. Photos 5-8 are of two other planes. Did I write their names down? Of course not. My apologies to plane experts and enthusiasts everywhere.

Also, I am indeed responsible for the censorship in Photo #5. Not that I think you all couldn't handle Miss Grass Skirt being topless, but I was sharing the photo with others who may not have found that amusing. I had to be good!

O.M.A. and Highway70 like this.
  3. LoriAnn

LoriAnn Active Member

Here's a better shot of her. In retrospect, I probably should have placed myself in a slightly better position. Or I could just pretend I planned to stand right under that bomb she's about to drop.

IMG_2216.JPG

O.M.A. and Otto like this.
  4. mcoffee

mcoffee Son-of-a-Gun(ner)

They are the Collings Foundation's North American B-25 Mitchell named "Tondelayo" and Boeing B-17G named "Nine O Nine".

5. LoriAnn

LoriAnn Active Member

Thank you, Mcoffee. I figured someone here would know this! :) My captions for the photos are just me making fun of myself for not getting the proper information, but I really do appreciate knowing.

It was fun being there, though I was truly at a loss as to how to photograph the planes. I would have been more comfortable photographing the people visiting them!