Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Banzai charges

Discussion in 'Land Warfare in the Pacific' started by Class of '42, Jun 16, 2020.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Fascist...

Poppy likes this.
  2. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

sorry

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. Takao

Takao Ace

It was at the last place i worked 3rd shift at...Then we got word the plant was going to close. Suddenly, you spent your whole shift doing nothing but surfing the Net.

Got boring real quick.

4. Takao

Takao Ace

I take it your at work then.

5. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

..I have to hand it to you...at least you are not like Rich, who went bananas/crazy after I politely/civilly/etc proved him wrong, also

6. Takao

Takao Ace

You have not risen, or sunk, to the Robdab/Dabrob level. Your quotes actually support your statements.

Regretfully, you have yet to prove me wrong concerning Ichiki.

7. Carronade

Carronade Ace

If questions could be resolved by one party proclaiming they were right, we would have some formidable debaters here ;)

8. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

some of them are gigging --kind of

9. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

RIch , my man--has me on ignore--wooohoo--because I disagreed with him--[really proved him wrong ]
    ..he's peeking probably

10. Takao

Takao Ace

Until that time arrives, I shall just have to be content wit being a stubborn old mule.

11. Takao

Takao Ace

12. Takao

Takao Ace

Your thinking of "Master Debaters".

13. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

'''''And, yet again, you are forgetting that you are arguing the assault "was" disorganized. Yet, for some odd reason, you are arguing it "became" disorganized.''''

----much could be said here---again---but I will '''take the high road''

....you see, at least Takao stays in the ring......he gives me crap, I give it back ...unlike Rich, who wants people to ignore others if you disagree/post '''BS''' [ hahahahahahah ] ....if everyone ignored others who they thought posted BS, then we'd have sets of 2 or 3 people ---posting to each other and kissing each other's a$$e$..giving each other likes/etc

14. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

15. Takao

Takao Ace

What it takes to get me crazy.

16. Takao

Takao Ace

We are just looking at the same assault from two different points of view.

To me, an assault becoming disorganized, once it comes under fire, is basically a given. Not only that, but there is very little the commander can physically do to prevent that from happening. Thus, I look at what the commander does have physical control over - Do the troops launch the assault at the intended time. Do the troops carry out the assault as the commander intended. Do the troops assault the intended target/s. Etc. Hence, I see Ichiki's assault as "organized." Then there is Kawaguchi's assault - only one of his units was in position, forcing Kawaguchi to delay his assault until nighttime(which his troops were not experienced in). Even after this 7 hour delay, one of his units is still hopelessly lost. The assault is not carried out as Kawaguchi intended - the lost unit not only did not attack it's target, but never encountered the enemy forces. Thus, Kawaguchi's assault was "disorganized" from the get go, and Kawaguchi never regained control of the situation. The attack naturally failed, forcing Kawaguchi to attack again the next night.

It is not that I disagree with Bronk's position that Ichiki's assault became disorganized, I do agree with it. However, I also see it as inevitable & as something the commander has no real tangible control over. Thus, I discount it as a factor if an assault is organized or not.

I don't "ignore" anyone whatever their position is. Never have, never will. As much as I despised Robdab/Dabrob, he would occasional post a link to an excellent website I had not come across. But, more to the point, while researching to refute whatever BS, I would come across websites or books that had lots of information I had not known before. To me, this is worth whatever aggravation the poster causes me.

17. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

Wow, you did have to spoil my morning reminding me of what a colossal waste of time robdab is. On the other hand, it is also a good reminder of why its simply easier and better to just put their ilk on ignore. It's especially nice here because even the quoted content from an ignored poster is eliminated from others posters replies, which has the added benefit of ratcheting up the humor content of the replies as you try to imagine what absurdly inane ideas you were replying to. "Master Debaters" is classic. :D

BTW, has anyone mentioned the disorganizing potential of Lieutenant Case's light tank platoon...although two were disabled? Or the counterattacks by the 2d Battalion's reserve Company G that night and by Cresswell's Company A, C, and D the next morning?

18. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

..as you know-- I totally disagree...
    ..they were wiped out
    ..they were disorganized

..here--the barbed wire!!!!! barbed wire the key to the real definition
    ...correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't plan to get ''enmeshed'' in the wire--so:
    ..inadequate planning, woefully disorganized, sloppy intel/planning/recon

..you can take standard/''predicted' casualties/problems/etc---but this is
    beyond the standard problem/interruption [ hahahaha ]
    ..the actual assault was nothing near the plan--nowhere close!!

adjective
    functioning without adequate order, systemization, or planning; uncoordinated:a woefully disorganized enterprise.
    careless or undisciplined; sloppy:
    Definition of disorganized | Dictionary.com
    bold mine = key components
    bold and font for emphasis only