Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

BE CONSIDERATE OF THE VETS YOU WRITE TO

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, Aug 3, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I have to put MY complaint here as a reply to the inconsiderate few, who will ruin this for all.

By now its wellknown there is a KC vets address list here. I have freely allowed open access, but will no longer allow it.

I have sent correspondance to the webmaster, to immediately change all access codes and that I will be the SOLE jugde on giving out an address,

I totally dislike being rude about this but I am forced into doing so, thanks to some INCONSIDERATE few people.

In the instruction, It is Clearly stated that you MUST, send some payment if you expect anything. You MUST be considerate to these men. MOST of them are on a fixed income and CANNOT afford to pass out dozens or hundrede of signed photos for free.

It costs the vet on average $1.50 just to mail one single sheet of paper, not including the price added for the photo, the cost of a print, and the envelope. The cheapest it can possibly be just for ONE signed photo with ONE sheet of paper, amounts to at least $6.00 US Dollars. thats about 14DM. And then, the vet makes no money on this.

In the future if there is going to be one for this list, Please send them money if you expect a reply, DO NOT RUIN THIS FOR EVERYONE.

I will make a similar posting in each topic here.

Im NOT trying to be rude, but have to be this way because of a few inconsiderate Americans. It had been brought to my attention, that its AMERICANS, who are responsible for thie unkind behavior.

All the long hours and VERY hard work I have done, is now in jeopardy, because of a few unthinking individuals. At this time, I will no longer give out information on any living Knights Cross Recipient.

I WAS going to do this for Medal of Honor Recipients, but I learned my lesson at being too generous, and I WILL NOT give any of their addresses out. You will have to contact The MoH Society HQ, and earn the right to have them as I did.

My extreme apoligies to any who are insulted at the way I was forced into wording this very distasteful posting.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

advance.