Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Belgian collaboration and the image of USSR and Bolsheviks

Discussion in 'Western Europe 1939 - 1942' started by hicks3, Feb 9, 2017.

1. hicks3

hicks3 New Member

Hello Everyone

I'm a polish student (dutch philology) and this year I'm writing my BA thesis concerning "The image of Bolsheviks and USSR among the Belgian collaborators of WW II". If you have any literature, articles, works or tips concerning this topic please post it in this thread. It may be written or made in English as well as Polish or Dutch, it doesn't matter. I will appreciate any help with this :)

2. MichaelBully

MichaelBully Active Member

Hello hicks3. Are you looking at Flemish collaboration only or both Walloon and Flemish collaboration ? Rexisme springs to mind, but I imagine that their source material would be in French. I don't read French but I understand there were supporters of Rexisme who took part in Operation Barbarossa on the German side.
    Good luck with your research.

3. hicks3

hicks3 New Member

Originally i wanted to focus on Flanders only but I'm not sure if I'll have enough material if I narrow it down just to 1 region.

4. MichaelBully

MichaelBully Active Member

I will see what I can find. I have looked at The Netherlands during German occupation, and occasionally find material about Belgium.

Have you seen this film on YouTube- 'Belgen aan Oostfront' ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyfVrvE-u4o

Mainly Flemish with some English.

Might be worth looking at Jonathan Trigg's books- he is interviewed in above You Tube film. I know that one of his books 'Oostfronters', about Flemish volunteers who fought in Operation Barbarossa , appeared in Dutch in 2014.