Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Belgium member

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Sgt Potier, Mar 20, 2011.

1. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Great video. Last spring I had the honour of visiting several memorials, battlefields, and cemeteries in France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, and attended 65th Anniversary ceremonies at Holten and Groesbeek at the Canadian Cemeteries. It really is amazing to see the way the people of these countries look after the fallen of WWII and how they welcome those of us who go there to honour our war dead.

2. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

I want to echo the previous statements and welcome you to the forum, thank you for your service to your country, and tell you that a lot of folks appreciate your dedication to our fallen. In today's world, too few even remember WWII, let alone realize what it meant to the world, and the amount of sacrifice that was made. Your video is beautiful, and your dedication to preserving the graves of our soldiers is appreciated. Thank you sir, thank you very, very much.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Skipper, and me too. I hope to read much more about he and these Vets ;-)) As an Ami, I cant thank him enough for his time and efforts and great caring, for our Vets. I wish I could do more than just reward him with rep points ;-))

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Domi, I wish to extend my gratitude to you and your time, efforts and such, with our Vets ;-)) Sir, my hat is tipped permanently to you ;-))

Anyway, please keep us posted with your experiences with these great Gents. I know exactly how you feel when being with these fine folks. I feel the same way whenever I spent time with American and German Vets. To me, one of the only differences between the men from both sides, is their nationality. None of the men I have met ever did anything wrong so-is why I relate them so much with each other.

In my times with vets, American or German, ive found every one of them to be humble, and that they also had great appreciation for my interests about them. I have not yet-and doubt I will, ever meet a WWII Veteran that I did not highly respect, like and get along very well with.

Also, if you get the chance to come to my part of Texas? ill be more than happy to show you a nice place to visit-which is the 36th Inf Divs Museum at Camp Mabry here in Austin. When my friend Steve and I went there last year, there were 2 or 3 36th I.D. Vets there. It was great to get to shake hands with these Gents and to get to spend a little time with them,

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Thanks you Dominique for both the moving video and adopting the veteran's graves. Beautifully done. Welcome to the forum.