Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Bonjour from the deepest Normandie....

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by sebfrench76, Nov 10, 2011.

1. sebfrench76

sebfrench76 Dishonorably Discharged

Hello gentlemen!I'm a french architectural models maker.I'm 44 years old ,father of 2 childs,the women are saying i'm quite charming and their husbands say they used to say that to them too....I like red and white wine,garlic especially when it's stuffed with snails(or the opposite),camembert when it has reached the point of no-return,raw red flesh when it becomes black,i'm arrogant,pretentious,rude.To make it short,i'm a real french!
    My hobby is US history during WW2,and digged up artifacts.I do not digg my self cause as all the Frogs ,i'm the greatest coward ever seen(and i'm half Italian,can you figure out the result??),and your army forgot some delicate devices in our holly soil....As a member of a french digger forum,i'm knowed there as "the-guy-who-knows-a-guy-at-the-US-embassy-in-Paris",hahahah!In fact,some of my pals recently digged up some personal items your GIs have lost during WW2,and as these items are named,i'm trying to track the descendants in the US of A.The military attaché of the US Embassy in Paris proposed to help me and i think it's gonna meet an happy end.
    I'm posting some pics of the items.Some of you may have already seen them on others forums,i'm registered on various English sites.
    This is my deepest pleasure (beside some roasted frogs,and a bath a month....) to honour the memory of guys that fought for my country to recover its liberty.Please forgive my language errors,we are surely the greatest lovers in the world,but not the best in English...
    Have a good day to all,and keep on the good work.And may your troops come back safe from the lands of the bearbed people(like french troops ,by the way...)

Attached Files:

2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Hello, welcome to the forum.

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hi Seb, tell me the truth you're about as French as I am, aren't you?

5. sebfrench76

Is this a compliment regarding my skill in English,hahaha!

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Could be.
    and yes, it's a nice move to try to return the dog tags.
    This being said, our forum is U.S. based but our members are from the entire world. Their are many Americans , but also Brits, Aussies, canadians, Germans, Finns, Norwegians, Japanese, Danes , Filipinos , New zealanders, Spaniards , Belgians, French, Swedes, Dutch, Irish and many more .

What brings us together is our love of WW2 history and the English language is our communication tool.

7. sebfrench76

Oooops!Sorry ,you're obviously from the frogs land!!

8. sebfrench76

What a mess!Our messages were on their own way at the same time!I'm really amazed by the number of your posts,especially if you're french!As a former moderator on militarytrader.uk,i know how these things tough are!

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Let's just say I stranded here and am maried to a French lass.

ps: I have been debunking stereotypes and clichés here for years, but your roasted frog stories has ruined it.:D

10. sebfrench76

Oooooopss!You married a beauté Française,is it right?Don't you say"who dares wins"?I have to applause cause nothing can prepare you to the "maniere de vivre à la Française",hihihi...

11. gunbunnyb/3/75FA

gunbunnyb/3/75FA Member

hey seb, nice to see you made it over here.hehe

12. sebfrench76

Hi Gunbunny!What time is it in Missouri??Are you from Duenweg???

13. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I zhall say dis only vonce...Or dit it jusqa une temps...Je pense vous etes un grand masquerader de forums de ww2 thingys. Skipper...he's taking the glasser dans la picerine or summit aint he?

14. urqh

15. gunbunnyb/3/75FA

gunbunnyb/3/75FA Member

seb, you know missouri? actually im just outside carthage.im 4 miles east of joplin by way of I44

16. sebfrench76

Bunny,sorry,i only know Pensylvannie,cause my bro used to live a couple of years there.Bucks county,Doyelestown.I spend a month there,and it changed my meaning on the USA's gimmicks and cliches.You reside in an incredible country,and your greatest generation gave us freedom back.This allows me to teach liberty to my child today,cause thausends and thausends of brave and terrified (surely) of your youthness,decided to cross an ocean to sometimes die for my parents.Thanks again..!

17. sebfrench76

Ye rude frog forgot to thank you for ye kind welcome..

18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

As mods , we have had a hard time to ban pejorative terms from this forum, so shooting yourself a bullet in the foot doesn't help to be honest. I know it's humor and I appreciate it, but I'm not certain all our members would.

19. urqh

I take it this is someone we already know?

20. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Seb, We've had some success in finding the previous owners of such items. I'll bet some of the guys here will be able to help you.

What other info can you provide, such as units that may have been in the area?

Also, maybe create a new thread with a more descriptive title, announcing your intent, such as "US Dogs Tags Found Normandy."