Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Books

Discussion in 'Book Swap' started by Steve, May 21, 2002.

1. Steve

Steve Member

HI guys, I have two more paperback books available, as with the others you just pay for shipping.

I Flew For the Fuhrer, 210 pgs, 1979, by Captain Heinz Knoke

The Secret of Stalingrad, 263 pgs, 1986, by Walter Kerr

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Steve

2. Steve

Steve Member

Eventually I will get these all listed, I am thinning out my book collection before I move in July. The following 2 books are hardback and brand new:

Black May, 396 pgs, 1998, by Michael Gannon

Achtung-Panzer!, 212 pgs, 1992, BY Major-General Heinz Guderian: The only other publishing of this book was in German in 1937.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve

3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

check your email Steve...

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Hey Otto, nice little, cool tanks at the bottom of your post.......nice touch !

E

5. Otto

It's a Tiger vs Sherman, it's part of my signiature file. Anyone can do this with their 'sig'.

Avatars are restricted to the character list, while your signiature can have almost anything you want.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Otto that is very cool..... :D

thought only quotes could be used but obviously not. You took a regular sized profile and reduced it by so much % correct ? Now to find some decent Luftwaffe a/c profile(s) ;)

E

7. Otto

I'm going to make some semantic clarfifications here Erich. Please forgive my arrogance, [​IMG]

avatars - Refers to the image that a member can select to represent them. This is only the image and nothing else

signiature - refers to whatever a member puts into their signiature, this follows every post and comes after the line that l0oks like this:
    --------------------
    This can be anything, text, quotes, images, even links to sound and music. It can be whatever a person includes in their 'sig', yes including shrunk luftwaffe images

profile - the description page that tells other users about them, it contains basic information you filled in when we signed onto the WW2 Forums. Here is my profile:
    Otto's Profile

I hope that helps a bit.

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

A big thumbs up Otto to you; for guys like me that are computer inept,. Now I understand fully....... gosh, now to find that wee little Junkers Ju 290 with the seaborne radar set. Think I found one :D

E

9. Otto

I would suggest emailing it to Peppy, he's pretty good with a computerized paint brush. He did thos tanks too.

Thanks Again Pep!

[ 21 May 2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Otto ]

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Will do Otto, and yes thanks to Peppy for the copy of my Avatar. Otto I hope you don't mind me taking up space (ranting), with that Ju 290 thread as I would like to once completed with my research maybe submit an article on the unit to the forum. It appears that right before dissolvement that the unit went over to the Arado 234 the last two month of the war. Some really interesting stuff on an almost unknown unit.

E

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Great new stuff Otto--Peppy. Shame the Sherman would be toast if it was lucky enough to get anywhere near that Tiger :D

Erich--only I have the destinction of being this forums worst computer dummy :D you can be second if you want--kinda like "Im with stupid" ;) :D