Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Bush

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Zhukov_2005, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    See the guys down in French Indo China who fought a guerilla war against the Japanese.
    Then against the French.

To repeat myself:
    Taken from 'US system of Government' in the Non-WW2 History area.

But the main point remains that the American government turned a blind eye to the collection of funds for the IRA, who converted those funds into nail bombs in shopping areas, or car bombs, etc, all of which were directed against the UK, either Northern Ireland or mainland England.

2. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Also what a lot of people don't realise directed at children, women and civilians going about their daily work. Not against soldiers or security forces.

3. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hogwash, to be polite.

4. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Actually this is a point most Americans haven't thought much about and is a good one. Unfortunately, the combination of a free society combined with an inordinate amount of political power wielded by the Irish in Northeast U.S., provided a roadblock for any chance the government would do anything about it. It took 9/11 to start getting things done.

5. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    People love to throw about mostly empty accusations about the U.S., with very little proof to back them up.

Actually the U.S. is a Democratic Republic. I've stated that numerous times but tired of banging my head against a wall.

As usual the pitiful N.Y. Times led the false reporting that no link to terrorism was found in the 9/11 commission report. Actually the opposite is true. Even the Democratic Asst' Committee chairman went on television to correct the lie, a strange sight to see to be sure. Was there active cooperation in planning 9/11? Can't be proved. Was there active cooperation toward terrorism in general? Yes, and that's all almost all of Bush's and Cheyney's speeches have alleged.

6. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    What do you mean hogwash?

7. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    There again people love to turn a blind eye or refuse to see.

If Saddam who although was a muslin, he wasn't a practicing muslim, he even prevented pilgrimages, had a link with Osama bin laden then surely nore terrorist with link to his organisation would have been found.

8. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "I can speak for myself and I can speak for the President, and I can assure you that neither of us have seen ['Fahrenheit']," said White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett. "We don't have a lot of free time these days and when we do have free time to see a good fiction movie, we'll pick 'Shrek' or some other enjoy[able] feature like that.

"Mr. Moore has every right to produce and show movies that express his very radical views. He's outside of the mainstream. ... This is a film that doesn't require us to actually view it to know it's filled with factual inaccuracies."

Another person who excellent sight into the unknown.

9. Mutant Poodle

Mutant Poodle New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, then there really is a conspiracy; isn't there? At the begining og the planning for the war in Iraq all, and I mean all, of Bush's inner circle stated ""there are no connections of any kind with Alkeda, there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq or available to Iraq, because we have been able to control those aspects after the first Gulf War.'"

LITTLE PROOF?! I, alone, have given three books, and several web sites, my own personal expertise in the elements of an explosion and you consider that to be empty?!!
    Not once have you backed up your statements in attempting, in vain I might add, to trash my opinions. Even though I have given reference links, footnotes, endnotes.

Think about that statement, The USA is a democratic republic. Democracy is rule by majority, and republic is reprenting the rights of the individual by an electorial process. Guess what there is a difference, guess what I won't do your work for you, you can do your own to find the significance of the two, and why the two together cannot cohabitate.

By the way, here is a little secret for you. The Patriot Act was not read in the senate. Ever, at all, not even a part of it. Ask your senator if this is true or not. If he or she says it is true then ask them, through an FOI request for that day's sitting minutes. You won't get them however, because it didn't get read, or debated.

God Save the Queen.

10. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    When Afghanistan kicked of I remember being told by the American chiefs that they have the technology to work out how many people were in the cave complexes by the spectrographic analysis of the co2 emissions. that would only be true if you knew how deep they were and what other defences there was limiting the emissions. In other words they had the blue prints on building them, because the CIA did.

11. Mutant Poodle

Mutant Poodle New Member

via TanksinWW2
    GP Wrote
    When Afghanistan kicked of I remember being told by the American chiefs that they have the technology to work out how many people were in the cave complexes by the spectrographic analysis of the co2 emissions. that would only be true if you knew how deep they were and what other defences there was limiting the emissions. In other words they had the blue prints on building them, because the CIA did.

Yes the CIA did build them, or in part help build them. Many people do know this as a fact.

Good posting!

12. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    But good old uncle sam would never spport terrorism, look how good they are fighting it.

13. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hogwash, baloney, el crapola........

Imperialism Defined: "the policy of extending rule or authority of one country over other countries and colonies." Exactly who (besides Iraq on a temporary basis) are we ruling over? You can cite leftist tripe all day long, I can do the same with opposing views. But the proof is in what actually happens, not what some anti-capitalist author spews. Yes, "none is so blind as he who will not see".

Michael Moore? Now there's a really good source. :D Besides being unkempt and loose with the facts (to be kind), he's without talent. His only effort that shows any ability was the movie 'Canadian Bacon', a "B" movie at best.

MP, if you don't know how a Democratic Republic works, you need to look at other web sites besides the Democratic Underground.

The preferred method of identifying people in caves is via heat signatures, not Carbon Dioxide analysis. This has not proved as reliable as hoped because some of them are so deep. Oh that's right, the U.S. CIA already knew that, since they dug them using technology stolen from the alien craft that's held in Area 51. :roll:

14. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Most writers are biased, SgtBob, leftists as well as conservatives or extremists or capitalists or whoever else one might support. The truth lies in what the reader can analyze as facts, to tear these from their biased texts and make one's own conclusions.

Same goes for the works of Michael Moore. And if you can appreciate it, there is much humour in BfC and Canadian Bacon.

15. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, one could easily make several cases for that!

Iraq only.

1) Trying to impose an American (well, 'western') style of government on a culture that is basically still in the 13th Century and very suspicious of 'democracy'

2) However true it is or is not, many Arabs (or whoever) will view the new leaders of Iraq as being American puppets. Especially as UN troops have been asked to stay around to help keep order.

But really I'm just being awkward! 8)

Edit - I'll be interested to see what America does if Iraq hold free & fair elections and elects a leader who is Fundamentalist Muslim and deeply anti-America!!
    ;) Couldn't resist a stir...

16. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It was your government who clain=med to be able to determine the areas of cencentration via co2 not me.

17. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As for extending authority, the us has shown over and over again through trade tarriffs that it is able to impose it's will financially over other countries. Such as If you don't sign the treaty where you agree not to bring us citizens to war crimes tribuals then we will remove our aid. Yes the aid given is money belonging to the us, but this is just one incident of forcing your will on smaller nations. There have been many more but cannot recall of the top of my head.

18. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The reason the US government has worked so hard to avoid having its troops brought before war crimes tribunals is the fact that there are any niumber of people (and governments, for that matter) who are ready, willing, and able to throw charges of atrocities at any and all American troops, whether or not any such were actually commited. I certainly wouldn't want the fate of one of my soldiers to hang on the word of a member or members of Hamas, or their supporters. Or anyone like them. I believe you're a soldier, GP: would you want your fate to rest upon the word of such people? More to the point, the American military is quite willing to punish any soldier who commits a documented atrocity; witness what's happening to the Iraqi prison guards. So I don't think that American troops need to be brought before any foreign tribunals, where I am convinced that they could very well suffer imprisonment because of false charges brought against them by someone who just hates Americans, abetted by a tribunal quite possibly composed of individuals who agree with that hatred.

19. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    b**ls**t

America will punish a few low level soldiers, The senior one will get away with it. You know that and so do I. By going to a warcrimes tribunal the affair can be seen to be transparent and open. Fabricated evidence can be and is discredited.

What happened to the Soldiers who allowed the massacre of 300 taliban prisoners? At the moment if anyone is found by these people a trial is the last thing to worry about. As for the show trials in Iraq, why haven't any high ranking soldiers been court marshalled. As you say I am a soldier, ad have an idea about information extraction, it goes a lot higher.

The main point is what has been done has killed more coalition soldiers and so has the actions of the soldiers in the streets, most of it from the north of Iraq.

20. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The truth lies in what actually happened (defined as history). I can forgive writers who actually report the facts with their own "spin". I cannot forgive any writer, either from the left or the right (I see much more coming from the left throughout history), who twists the facts themselves.