Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Canadian or Other UK web belt with Pouches ?

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by suwanneetrader, Feb 1, 2013.

1. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

This is all I found at Yard Sales today. It is extra fine condition. The two web pouches are dated 1953 MK 3, and are large (approx 5 inches by 9 3/4 inches and 2 1/2 inches in width). Both are marked CN. 1495 B on the back (see photos for inside markings). The belt is dated 1952 with a Broad Arrow. What was it used for, and which troops wore it? Thank you Richard PS: I haven't been on for awhile as I collect WWI USMC and 21st Marines 3rd Div WWII. Therefore I'm on the US Militaria Forum alot. I appreciate any help. Richard an old retired guy in FL

View attachment 18361

Attached Files:

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

This is a nice selection of 1937 Pattern British Webbing Equipment as used by all British/Commonwealth troops between 1937 and 1958, when a new Pattern was introduced. The 'broad arrow' denotes War Department and is more usual in post-war equipment, which yours is. 'M.E.Co' refers to the Mills Equipment Company, one of the largest manufacturers of webbing equipment, and 'CN' will be the Contract Number. The two pouches are 1937 Pattern Basic Pouches which an infantryman used for just about anything, including grenades, ammunition, Bren magazines, etc etc.

It's a shame these aren't WW2-dated as these items, once vey easy to find, are now becoming scarcer due to the popularity of re-enacting.

3. suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader Member

Martin: Thanks for your reply. I hope I did not duplicate my reply as I'm not up on how all posting works on this site. Example: I have 6 or more pictures stored on this site from over 2 years ago and I was going to delete them but can not figure out how. Also does this forum have a For Sale or Trade section for among the members, and if so does it open up after 50 posts or ? Thank you again Richard