Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum

Discussion in 'Allied Bomber Planes' started by Ricardo War44, Jan 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ricardo War44

Ricardo War44 New Member

via War44
    I've been to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum a couple of times, and I found the most impressive attraction was the Lancaster. I remember looking at the turrets and trying to imagine the trust the crew members had to have in each other. There are very few left, arent' there?

CANADIAN WARPLANE HERITAGE

The museum is in Hamilton, Ontario about an hour's drive from Toronto.

2. Reid1986

Reid1986 New Member

via War44
    I've been to this museum a few times with my father actually and spent a long time looking at the Lancaster bombers. They really are impressive and I was especially interested in them because my grandfather used to ferry them during the war.

3. Ricardo War44

Ricardo War44 New Member

via War44
    That must have been interested seeing the Lancaster with your father.

Once when I was there, I listened for a while to one of the people who work there providing information. He was very knowledgeable and that really made the visit more worthwhile.

I don't know the numbers, but I think a surprising number of the planes there still fly.

4. Reid1986

Reid1986 New Member

via War44
    I also remember hearing that quite a few of them are still capable of flying although I don't know how keen I'd be in testing it out. It was neat going with my father but I'd really like to go with my grandfather as he actually knows how to fly them. He's often not too willing to talk much about these things though which I understand.