Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Change one single event of the War...

Discussion in 'What If - Other' started by Otto, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

A colony of lepers being dropped over the Wansee Conference.

2. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

No offense Za but, I believe lepercons would be more effective...
    Imagine all those assholes trying to discuss the "final solution" with lepercons all over the place asking for their lucky charms...
    Also, they all have pot so that should lighten the mood :p
    :D

Cheers...

3. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Is a lepercon a leprechaun afflicted by leprosy? Or is it a fraudster leper? :lol:

I spent two years of my life in Eire and never saw the word written or heard spoken once! :)

But yes, a dialogue between Reinhard Heydrich and a leprechaun would be a sight to behold, that's for sure!

But who knows, as in in this forum we sometimes see glimpses of The Twilight Zone (Where Pigs Fly and The Reich Wins WW2 TM) this might become a real event there.

4. tommy tater

tommy tater Member

Im half irish & i find that offensive! dont ever, ever talk about the fascist leprechaun's at wansee again! they did not represent the irish people, we were neutral!

5. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

a successful landing at Dieppe?

6. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

The Finns holding out for a few more months during the winter war,until both German and US volunteer forces reach Finland,and begin operation Barbarossa earler,against a weaker Red Army than what was actually faced.Zhukov is ordered shot by Stalin,for faulure in Finland,and the Red Army totally collapses

7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Well, this part wouldn't happen since in 1939 Zhukov was in Outer Mongolia, where, in August of ‘39, he routed the Japanese at the battle of Khalkin-Gol (Nomonhan).

I believe the "Winter War" was long over by March of 1940, as it was in June that Zhukov was transferred back to the west where he commanded the troops which occupied the Romanian province of Bessarabia. From Jan. to July of 1941 he temporarily became Chief of the General Staff, before having a falling out with Stalin in July, he was replaced in that position and was then made into a Deputy Commissar for Defense.

The fact that Zhukov had been a lowly conscipt and worked his way into the officer ranks probably was one of the facts which saved him from the "officer purges" before the Finnish Winter War, which was what hindered the Red Army almost as much as the valiant Finns defense of their homeland.

And what volunteers are you thinking of here? The US didn't have anybody to send, and I am unaware of the Germans having any thought of doing so either.:confused:

8. SaltedWounds

SaltedWounds Member

I'd have to agree with Andreas. Who knows how many innocent deaths would have been prevented if it hadn't been for the racism.

9. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

"And what volunteers are you thinking of here? The US didn't have anybody to send, and I am unaware of the Germans having any thought of doing so either."

several thousand Finnish/Americans from Michigan's upper peninsula were organizing a Brigade to go back home and fight the Russians,but the war was over too soon

10. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Do you have documentation to support that claim? If so I'd be interested to read it.

11. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

I read about that in one of the few works on the Winter war that I've been able to find in English,as well as having talked prsonally to a few of the old timers involved,living in the general area they hail from

12. topyob

topyob Member

I would make FDR say to the Japanese, "No go ahead, you have China", in the same way that Teddy Roosevelt let them have Korea. Then no embargo, no threats, no Pearl Harbour or Singapore or Hong Kong and maybe Britain could have kept the empire a bit longer.

13. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

This may be cheating a little, but I would have to go back to the eve of WW2. It's November 30th 1939, Hitler and a few of his Generals have gone for a few drinks down to the local beer Keller to celebrate the upcoming events. After mixing Kronenburg with J.D. old Adolf is wasted and picks a fight with some guy for having the wrong eyebrows, the M.P's are called and Adolf finds himself locked up for breach of the peace. The next morning the judge gives Adolf 5 years probation, so he has to call off the whole invasion of Poland thing or he'll be back behind bars before his feet touch. So no WW2, Millions of people don't die, borders remain the same and this forum is sucked into the 12th dimension. :confused:

14. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Zhukov was not in command of Soviet troops during the winter war. So there would be no reason to shoot him. But I can see how the elimination of such a figure could pose problems. ;)

A few American troops in Finland ( A brigade if that ) would not result in operation Barbarossa. :rofl:

Germany would not get involved, as it was a part of the Ribbentrop treaty and as history shows needed the peace in order to concentrate on Europe and receive the desperately needed supplies which she herself lacked, such as fuel.

15. Fortis

Fortis Member

I would change the large oak table that saved Hitler's life to some form of weaker material, like glass or cardboard. That way Rommel would not have had to commit suicide. Thus resulting in the Desert Fox leading a coup against Himmler or whoever took over the reigns of leading Germany and the signing of Germany's surrender before the Russians got to Berlin which could hinder the outbreak of the Cold War.

16. BEARPAW

BEARPAW Member

Japan sends a third wave to attack Pearl Harbor and destroys the fuel dump on Ford Island. With the destruction of the tanker farm the US must base all naval operations out of the west coast instead of Hawaii. Unable to repulse the Japanese attack on Midway, Hawaii falls soon after and the the west coast of the US is put in to jeopardy. The Japanese secretly knowing about the jet stream use it to their advantage and are now able to bomb the west coast at night at will. The US in response uses it aircraft carriers as advance air bases to intercept the high flying Japanese night bombers using radar equipped Tigercats. The Japanese respond by using their "I" boats to sink the aircraft carriers. And Japan secretly attacks the Panama Canal using specially designed carrier based air craft employing skip bombs, torpedos and depth charges. A protracted war results in an armistice between th Japan and the US.

17. BEARPAW

BEARPAW Member

Japan sends a third wave to attack Pearl Harbor and destroys the fuel dump on Ford Island. With the destruction of the tanker farm the US must base all naval operations out of the west coast instead of Hawaii. Unable to repulse the Japanese attack on Midway, Hawaii falls soon after and the the west coast of the US is put in to jeopardy. The Japanese secretly knowing about the jet stream use it to their advantage and are now able to bomb the west coast at night at will. The US in response uses it aircraft carriers as advance air bases to intercept the high flying Japanese night bombers using radar equipped Tigercats. The Japanese respond by using their "I" boats to sink the aircraft carriers. And Japan secretly attacks the Panama Canal using specially designed carrier based air craft employing skip bombs, torpedos and depth charges. A protracted war results in an armistice between th Japan and the US.

18. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Sorry..Bearpaw....Thats something you would want? as in change one single event...youd want to see that...I aint got an argument and you could borrow my tin hat...I loan it out quite a bit round here...

19. BEARPAW

BEARPAW Member

Alternate History: Speculate about WWII battles that never were. Could the Axis have won? What if Hitler had the bomb? Answering the question.....

20. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

No dont get me wrong, thats the Area description in a nutshell. This thread though is change one single event of the war....I'm not American, so dont have a problem with you wanting a third attack on Pearl harbour or indeed America being forced into an armistice with Japan..

Its not strange at all if you are indeed Japanese either...I would think that was a great idea if you are indeed Japanese.

If you were American though, I would think it very strange..But not my business..

Go for it, but why not also just change the American decision to move the carriers out...Lets get them in the normal attack stage and send the lot to the bottom of the briney...you wont have to bother with the third wave or the fuel tanks then...

Hey go for it...

I'll stick to defending my own country. Its what I do best.