Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Chinese Mauser??

Discussion in 'The Guns Galore Section' started by aquist, Mar 21, 2006.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    i spotted one at montys and put a ten down on it, anyone can tel me anything about them? i figure it could pas in ww2 reenactments if i get the bolt handle bent down and put my spare k98 stock on it. if anyone knows where i can find a couple more id appreciate it

2. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The Chinese Mausers are fairly interesting. They were built before WW2 by the German companies and sold to the Imperial Chinese and later were used by the army of Chang Ki Sheck (sp?) and some were built during the war by Chinese arsenals. The latter are not great quality but perform well enough.

For a WW2 re-enactment piece I would buy a real German Mauser and use it. Modifying the Chinese rifle to look German will end up costing as much as a German one. You can usually find de-milled WW2 German Mausers and Mauser parts guns for under $200 and sometimes under $150. A Yugo M-48 Mauser will be very close to what you need and can be had cheap as well as Czech VZ24 Mausers.

3. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    chinese mausers

i already have three real German mausers, all in good condition, none of which cost me over 100 dollars, this Chinese rifle would serve as a loaner and its conversion should cost me almost nothing as I am gun smith (army trained) and have all the tools and parts available the Chinese Mausers were going for about 30 dollars each a while ago. a mauser rifle for reenactment doesnt need to have matching numbers or Nazi proofs a bright bore or a fabulous finish or a beautiful stock. it just has to pop primers on blanks and feed and extract them

4. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Re: chinese mausers

Hey, man, break the bread! :lol:

5. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    break the bread

Bitte? Was ist das? ich nicht verstehn. aber ich weiss das ist positiv nicht wahr? kommen sie mit mir, und ich werde ihnen zeigen wo die eiserne Kreuze wachsen, ganz toll , tschuss :D please, what is that i dont understandbut i know its positive isnt it/ come with me and I will show you where the iron crosses grow

6. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Coins

this sucks i just tyoe a message and it suddenly vanished.i found a bunch of ww1 dated coins Marks Francs Hapennys schillings usw. from opas things a sucrets tin with about 40 coins init

7. liang

liang New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I thought u guys were referring to the classic Mauser semi-automatic pistol, with its distictive large box magazine. It was a favorite of the Russian Bosheviks and later the Chinese communist 8th route Army. Mauser's pistol was designed around the same period as the famous Luger, was just as effective and equally impressive although it never achieved the same fame.