Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Christmas in the CBI

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by KMZgirl, Dec 24, 2016.

1. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

First, I would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and thank God for the brave souls who kept us safe and continue to keep us safe today. Christmas of '42, dad was at the Karachi hospital with malaria. Can anyone fill me in on what was going on in the CBI Theater, just prior to Christmas of '42, to possibly land him in the hospital? Thank you! Attaching a photo of the Christmas menu of his detachment.

Attached Files:

2. JZResearch

JZResearch New Member

Well, if I were a betting man, I would say he was in the hospital BECAUSE of the malaria. Im not a CBI pro, and maybe you have already seen this site, but http://www.cbi-history.com/ seems to have a ton of history on the CBI Theater. I stumbled across it looking for central, and eastern pacific info. I know its not much, but maybe a start?

3. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

Yes, I LOVE that website! It's where I figured out some things that my father did during the war. I guess I should have made my post more clear. He did have malaria. I was asking about what was going on near Karachi military wise. My dad was also in Hawaii some time in 1942. Do you know anything about the Army Ranger Training that took place there? I was hoping for a specific date. He was an instructor in those declassified videos. I am trying to piece together his service. You might not know a thing about Hawaii. I was thinking your dad was there, but I may have you confused with some one else... THANKS!

4. JZResearch

JZResearch New Member

Unfortunately I do not, only that it probably happened at Fort Schafer or Schofield. Sorry

5. lwd

lwd Ace

Opana has a lot of info about Hawaii. He's concentrated on info related to 7 Dec but you might want to drop him a PM and see if he has any pointers. (the pun wasn't intended but I'll leave it in)

6. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

Yes, it was Ft Shafer but all I know is 1942. Thanks!