Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ciekawe zdjęcie - interesting photo

Discussion in 'Eastern Europe February 1943 to End of War' started by RomanRussia, Aug 30, 2013.

1. RomanRussia

RomanRussia New Member

Привет, Поляки! В феврале этого года, найден такой жетон. Думается, что он имеет отношение к вашим соотечесвенникам. Координаты:
    широта 44°17'45.86"С
    долгота 39°19'1.18"В
    Есть какие-нибудь мысли?

Admin Edit:

English translation -
    Hi, Poles! In February of this year, found a coin. I think that it is relevant to your sootechesvennikam. coordinates:
    Latitude 44 ° 17'45 .86 "C
    Longitude 39 ° 19'1 .18 "in the
    Have any thoughts?

I tried three different translators for соотечесвенникам and got nothing. I wonder if it is a colloquialism?

Attached Files:

Slipdigit likes this.
  2. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

I thought it might be a personal ID tag, perhaps a bus / Tram coin - a strange thing to find in the middle of a battlefield...

A good luck piece of memorabilia perhaps?

3. RomanRussia

RomanRussia New Member

Не понял Ваш английский, но жетон найден в немецком блиндаже, глубина ~1метр, Был приклепан к ремню черного цвета(не сохранился). Переводите гуглом, может так Вам будет понятнее. Насколько я понял, это жетон военнопленного.

Admin edit:

Your English has not understood, but the counter is found in a German dugout, depth ~1метр, Was приклепан to a belt of black color (was not kept). Translate a Google, can so to you it will be more clear. How much I have understood, it is a counter of the prisoner of war.

4. RomanRussia

RomanRussia New Member

Администратора Изменить:

Я попробовал три разных переводчиков для соотечесвенникам и ничего не получили. Интересно, если это разговорное?

Жетон и монета, в русском языке разные вещи. На фото: германский жетон и русская монета.

соотечественник(rus) = compatriot(eng)

Attached Files:

5. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

Edited re NRO. отредактированный re NRO

Google translate from Polish to Russians. По-польски:

Mikosz, Karol is a person's name.
    Mikosz, Karol это имя человека.

Miescte Biecz pow = Old town part of Biecz which is in Southeast Poland.
    Miescte Biecz pow = Старая часть города Biecz который находится в Юго-Восточной Польши.

POW = area
    POW = область

NRO = abbreviation known to be used for Municipal Social Councils during the years Germany occupied Poland.
    NRO = Аббревиатура как известно, используется для муниципальных социальных советов в годы Германия оккупировала Польшу.

I thought that it looked like ID for a bus / Tram token. A good luck piece of memorabilia perhaps?
    Я думал, что это было похоже на автобус / трамвай маркер. Хороший кусок удачи памятных возможно?

Polish Identity tags. Польские теги идентичности
    http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nie%C5%9Bmiertelnik

German Prisoner of War Identity tags could be broken in half, like regular army tags.
    Немецкая Узник теги войны идентичность могла быть разорван пополам, как обычные теги армии.

Are there other examples in Polish of using POW for Prisoner of War? It would not surprise me for this to be true.
    Есть ли другие примеры использования польских военнопленных для военнопленных? Это не удивило бы меня за это, чтобы быть правдой.

This item you found is interesting. Thank you. Keep posting.
    - We hear far too little from our Eastern members here on the forum.

Этот пункт вы нашли это интересно. Спасибо. Продолжать отправлять.
    - Мы слышим слишком мало от наших восточных членов здесь, на форуме.

4jonboy and Slipdigit like this.
  6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

7. RomanRussia

RomanRussia New Member

Есть ли другие примеры использования польских военнопленных для военнопленных? Это не удивило бы меня за это, чтобы быть правдой. Вещи, имеющие отношение к Польше встретил в первый раз. Хотя встречаются со всей Европы. Надпись на медной табличке, я, конечно же, сразу перевел еще в феврале, то есть, я знаю, ЧТО написано, но не знаю ПОЧЕМУ? Looks like you found some juice. - нет, напротив, в том месте, в основном, встречается мусор. Все украли до меня;-) Did you use a metal detector to find? Да. p/s - я ошибся разделом. В этой ветке война с 1943 года, но в моем случае, бои велись в 1942, sorry.

Are there other examples of Polish prisoners of war? It would not surprise me for it to be true. Items related to Poland met for the first time. Though there from all over Europe. The inscription on the brass plate, I, of course, immediately turned back in February, that is, I know what to write, but I do not know WHY? Looks like you found some juice. - No, on the contrary, the place mainly occurs debris. All stolen to me;-) Did you use a metal detector to find? Yes. p / s - I was mistaken section. In this branch of the war in 1943, but in my case, the battles were fought in 1942, sorry

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

My suggestion is this was a worker identity tag for a Pole, possibly civilian, who with this tag could be identified if something happened to him. The Germans gave tags to Todt Organisation workers, but many other workers did not have such items and companies could have made them for their employees.

9. RomanRussia

RomanRussia New Member

Интересная версия, спасибо! Но я никогда не слышал, что бы в нашей местности были представители Todt Organisation. Обычно, немцы использовали местную рабочую силу, или работали сами. Я больше склоняюсь к мысли, что это "окопное творчество" (entrenchment creation). Но как поляк попал за тысячи километров в наши места? Investigabiles viae Domini...
    p/s thanks for the translation administrator!

Administrator Edit

An interesting version, thanks! But I've never heard of that would be in our area were representatives Todt Organisation. Usually, the Germans used local labor, or working for yourself. I'm more inclined to believe that this "trench art" (entrenchment creation). But as a Pole came thousands of miles to our seats? Investigabiles viae Domini ...

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

a home made tag would indeed my opinion too. Maybe a soldier lost his official one and made one himself .

11. RomanRussia

RomanRussia New Member

Я согласен с Вами, но меня смущает номер на жетоне. Если это "самопал" (trenchart), то зачем человеку себя нумеровать? И еще. Не много запоздало, но все же... Я хотел это выставить на польский ресурс, ошибся и пришел к вам. Я думаю, вы не сильно обиделись?:) Дай Бог сил администратору перевести это правильно, спасибо.

I agree with you, but I am embarrassed by the number on the token. If it is "matchlock" (trenchart), then why would a man himself numbered? And more. Not much too late, but still ... I wanted to put it on the Polish resource, mistake and come to you. I do not think you highly offended :) May God forces the administrator to put it right, thank you.

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

You have a point here, the numbe ris certainylan officla one from an administration. Another possibility could be they ran out of official tags and made emergency ones. There are examples of such tags made of wood , paper, cardboard too. Here are pictures of several dogtags used by the Germans for their pows. Note the last one it is mentionned it was made to identify a suitcase, so yours could be a suitcase tag too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://stalag325.blo...-de-stalag.html