Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Clinton Charles (Clint) Wigen 1949-2013

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Slipdigit, Jul 23, 2013.

1. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

2. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Clint was one of my first Friends here. He not only knew a lot about history, but he was a great storyteller. He sent me some stories about his childhood adventures growing up on the farm that he wrote down over the years. I have to say, he had a talent for writing.

Truly a sad week for this forum.

God bless you Clint, we will miss you.

3. Mehar

Mehar Ace

RIP old friend, you will be dearly missed.

4. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

I'm deeply saddened by the news of Clints passing. Like most of you, I didn't know Clint personally but he came across as a polite and level headed person who was always ready to assist with any requests from forum members.

We both had a mutual interest in motorcycles and had conversed about the subject, here on the forum, on a number of occasions.

My condolences go out to Clints family and friends.

Happy Trails, Clint.

5. Ruud

Ruud Member

My condoleances go to his family, friends and all forum members.

6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Clint's son has been informed of this thread. No telling if he will stop in, but hopefully he sees the positive, tangible impact his father made in this virtual world of the internet.

GRW, Biak and USMCPrice like this.
  7. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

So many eloquent posts here. He always had time for my questions of his history in Montana and his knowledge of all things current and historical. His posts were always read with great respect. I pray that he did not suffer too much. Otto please pass my deepest condolences and sentiment to his son.

8. 693FA

693FA Member

Always enjoyed reading his postings......Rest in Peace Clint!

9. mcoffee

mcoffee Son-of-a-Gun(ner)

Like most, I never actually met Clint but I "knew" him for several years on the old THC boards and had several offline conversations with him. Here's hoping for perpetual "Happy Trails" for a true gentleman.

10. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Geeze. Just read. Mr. Clint was a bridge. I am sure he made an impression here in Lethbridge, as he relayed a few stories regarding his interactions with our sports teams- and the resulting teenage chaos, and his crossings over the border. ..His knowledge of the land and its' people/animals were very intuitive. BD1 had his finger on the pulse of the area that stradles Southern Alberta and Northern Montana.
    He sent me a message saying he had spent time with his wife in the Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton, after retiring (1976?- do I remember correctly?- am writing emotionally here). Am connected to the P of W hotel, as my great grandfather helped build it, and I still do service in it....Tough to write, considering BD1 is no longer contributing...Will try to write something more heartfelt, but can't at this moment.
    RIP, and best wishes to his family. They should be good folk as well. Peace.

11. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I never have the right words when somebody dies - death just strikes me mute. In this case "what Poppy said" pretty much sums up my feelings, but being who I am I'll run my mouth anyway.

Death is sadness, but a guy like Clint lived a good life in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. He lived close to the land in the Big Sky country of Montana, which is a nothing but a gift. Hell, just driving through Montana is a treat. I guess I'm trying to say that he had a good run - he didn't live that life of "quiet desperation" that is the fate of most people on this big round ball we all live on. Let's feel sorrow for the people Clint left behind, but be happy for the good life that Clint experienced. I'm sure Clint would have preferred to live that good life a bit longer, but other than that I'm sure he doesn't regret a damned thing.

I just cracked a bottle of Usbach Uralt and I'm going to throw down two fingers to Clint's good life and wish him joy on the new trails ahead. And then I'm going to drink another one slow, for the family and friends he left behind. They are the ones in pain - it's all good for Clint.

[​IMG]

urqh, Biak, Clementine and 2 others like this.
  12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Here's to Clint. Cheers. (clink).

KodiakBeer likes this.
  13. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Maybe his relatives will derive comfort from the fact that he had a lot of friends,although they never met him

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

BD1 gave me some advice on food, cooking with a crock pot. Crock pots are a bachelors best friend...

15. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

He knew his sheep too....He obviously talked to lots of us on the back channels....As a few have said....a true Gentleman and a credit to the USA one many of us hoped still existed and proved by Clint that it indeed does....

Clementine likes this.
  16. lwd

lwd Ace

Just found this thread. Really don't know what to say. The rest of you have done a pretty good job though. A good thing about forums like this is it means that at least some of his wisdom, humor, and knowledge is captured for others to see even if they don't know of him yet.

Clementine likes this.
  17. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

I really like that thought Lwd. Years from now people can read and appreciate him for the man he was, even though he is gone.

18. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I never thought of that. It certainly makes his passing more bearable. It's nice to know that his wit and wisdom are there for anyone to see.

19. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I missed this sad news because I was away. What a terrible thing . It's always sad to read the loss someone and read about it on the forum ,but it's the first time it's about a former moderator. May he rest in peace in heaven .

20. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

I too am just reading about this. I've traveled Clint's west of late, and I know how wide open the skies are, and I know that he's up there probably getting first hand knowledge of what really happened during the war. We forget sometimes, that the lives we live touch others in ways we can't even begin to fathom. We will all miss him but we are the ones worse off, because all the troubles of this life are no longer bearing down. Cowboy, I hope the rest is peaceful, the conversation filling, the beer cold, and the food never ending.